2006 Protege Conference Announcement

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator

Protege Users,

We are pleased to announce that the Ninth International Protege
Conference will be held July 23-26, 2006 in Stanford, California. Please
mark these dates on your calendar and plan to join us for a few days
this summer.

The conference is a forum for users to meet one another, to meet the
Protege team, and for us to meet you. We discuss common problems,
solutions, current activities, and plans. The conference is fairly
informal and assists the Protege team in setting priorities for future
development work.

The first day will consist of tutorials and small focused workshops,
followed by two and a half days of the main conference. The main portion
of the conference will include presentations, a poster session, and a
demo session. Shortly, we will announce a Call for Submissions for the
main conference, inviting you to submit extended abstracts for
presentations. There will be a review process for abstracts and the
number of presentations will be limited. We will also be inviting
proposals for tutorials and workshops and will post a formal Call shortly.

We plan to post follow-up announcements with additional information as
it becomes available. The URL for the conference Web site is:
http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2006/. The site is rudimentary at
the moment but will be fleshed out in the coming weeks.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in July!

The Protege Team