Quantcast

A quick question about Views

SherZ
Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem relating to (I think) the view components within the protege distribution, because whenever I try to run a plugin which uses the view component the frame seems to just appear blank with a greyed-out menu bar, displaying menu title and the standard 4 menu buttons.

Plugins I hav tried and didn't worked (give blank area and greyed-out menu):

- OWLViz - I have installed GraphViz and have pointed OWLViz to where the "dot.exe" file is, but when I click on the tab, it is just a massive page of... well, blankness..
- NavigOWL - appears on Protege 4.1 as a tab, but when I click on it it is just blank;
- FrameCounter - this is supposed to be the simplest of all.. taken from this website: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/PluginAnatomy#Compile_and_Run

Plugins that half-works:
Taxonomy - Tabbed Example from CO-ODE project, only works when I download the .jar file and place it directly into the /plugin/ directory. When I extracted the content and tried to build the extracted content again using "ant install" into the same Protege 4.1 distribution (same /plugin/ folder), everything seemed fine until I open the program and saw the blank frame and greyed-out menu bar...

Any suggestions as to what may be causing it? Am I doing anything silly? Any help will be appreciated :)

Thanks everyone!

Best Regards,
Sherman.

Re: A quick question about Views

SherZ
It's been solved! I've done so much changes to make it work so I'm not sure which was the fix... may have been something to do with the Serial Version UID with type "long", e.g.

private static final long serialVersionUID = 7401526129434864715L;

Or may well be just needing some reseting of tabs, i.e. in Protege, Windows -> "Reset Selected tabs to default state", then try load plugin again.

Not sure though.. Hope it helps someone one day.. haha..

-Sherman

Re: A quick question about Views

Timothy Redmond

I am very happy that the problem was solved.  I think I lost track of
your message and apologize if so.

> Or may well be just needing some reseting of tabs, i.e. in Protege, Windows
> ->  "Reset Selected tabs to default state", then try load plugin again.

Of your explanations, this seems very likely.  This is a very awkward
step in the development process and perhaps I should figure out a way to
make this easier.  Any time that you change the view information you
need to click the "Reset Selected tabs..." button to flush your preferences.

-Timothy

On 08/16/2011 04:07 PM, SherZ wrote:

> It's been solved! I've done so much changes to make it work so I'm not sure
> which was the fix... may have been something to do with the Serial Version
> UID with type "long", e.g.
>
> private static final long serialVersionUID = 7401526129434864715L;
>
> Or may well be just needing some reseting of tabs, i.e. in Protege, Windows
> ->  "Reset Selected tabs to default state", then try load plugin again.
>
> Not sure though.. Hope it helps someone one day.. haha..
>
> -Sherman

Re: A quick question about Views

SherZ
Hi Timothy,

Thanks for your advice :) I think one of the reasons why this Protege program is so successful is because it is so easy to get in touch with even the senior level contributors of Protege such as yourself and Jennifer V, and of course many others :) I just think its so nice and thought I'd bring that up :) Oh and thanks for producing such a useful open source program! :D

- Sherman.