Quantcast

A request for help

sh.elsappagh
Hi,
I have built an ontology for diabetes management using protege 4.3. I have imported 3 other ontologies in it. When I tried to open the ontology from the first folder I worked in, the ontology works properly as in the attached file 1. However, when I copied it other folder, it did not work and showed me the attached file 2.

Please I am in a hurry and I need to fix this problem as fast as I can

Thanks.

Shaker El-Sappagh, Ph.D.

Re: A request for help

Cecil O. Lynch, MD, MS-2

Shaker,

I do not see a file or image attached.

Cecil Lynch

On 05/13/2017 04:04 PM, Shaker El-Sappagh wrote:

Hi,
I have built an ontology for diabetes management using protege 4.3. I have imported 3 other ontologies in it. When I tried to open the ontology from the first folder I worked in, the ontology works properly as in the attached file 1. However, when I copied it other folder, it did not work and showed me the attached file 2.

Please I am in a hurry and I need to fix this problem as fast as I can

Thanks.

Shaker El-Sappagh, Ph.D.

Fw: A request for help

Tania Tudorache

Forwarding attachment to the list.

1.jpg (552K) Download Attachment
2.jpg (265K) Download Attachment

Re: A request for help

samsontu
Hi,

I don’t think it’s possible to reproduce your problem from the information you’ve given.

The first figure in your message shows subclasses of the ‘entity’ class. The ‘entity’ class has no siblings. The second figure shows that the ‘entity’ class has siblings that are derived from the 2006 w3c Time Ontology. It appears that the ontology you loaded in the first figure doesn’t import the 2006 w3c Time Ontology. Therefore the first figure is unlikely to be showing the ontologies loaded in Figure 2 "working properly."

The OWL file from Bioportal loads fine, albeit it has no imports, and the loaded classes appear similar to those shown in the second figure.

With best regards,
Samson