API for python

Michael Rogozhin
Hi everyone.

Please tell me, can I use any API (for python) to write data directly
(without using the web interface) to the knowledge base on
webprotege.stanford.edu? What do you advise to use?

Sorry for English.

Re: API for python

Hi Michael,

No, you cannot do this.  We don’t have a public API for WebProtege.

> On Mar 21, 2019, at 08:20, Michael Rogozhin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone.
>
> Please tell me, can I use any API (for python) to write data directly
> (without using the web interface) to the knowledge base on
> webprotege.stanford.edu? What do you advise to use?
>
> Sorry for English.

Re: API for python

Michael Rogozhin
Thank you Matthew for the reply.

Re: API for python

samsontu

On Mar 21, 2019, at 8:20 AM, Michael Rogozhin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi everyone.

Please tell me, can I use any API (for python) to write data directly
(without using the web interface) to the knowledge base on
webprotege.stanford.edu? What do you advise to use?

Owlready [1] is a python API for OWL ontologies.

With best regards,
Samson

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: API for python

Michael Rogozhin
Thanks Samson.
I have it. Good stuff.

But the question was how to write to a database directly on the server
webprotege.stanford.edu.
I don't think he has that ability.

samsontu wrote
>> On Mar 21, 2019, at 8:20 AM, Michael Rogozhin &lt;

> rogozhin@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone.
>>
>> Please tell me, can I use any API (for python) to write data directly
>> (without using the web interface) to the knowledge base on
>> webprotege.stanford.edu? What do you advise to use?
>>

> Owlready [1] is a python API for OWL ontologies.
>
> With best regards,
> Samson
> [1] https://pypi.org/project/Owlready2/

> smime.p7s (1K)
> &lt;http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4671835/0/smime.p7s&gt;

Re: API for python

samsontu
True, but I wasn’t sure the question was *also* about the existence of python API. Just trying to be complete.

With best regards,
Samson

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-User-f4659818.html