Add Pallet Reasoner to Protege 5.0.0

haroon rashid
I am dealing with an existing ontology which is used as a standard in Sensor community. To my surprise different reasoners are responding differently: (1) Fact++ is throwing an exception (2) Hermit works smoothly without throwing any exception and hence declares ontology as consistent. I am trying to figure out this. I want to reason over same ontology with Pallet reasoner. For the same I found one file Pallet.jar, but on placing it in plugins folder the same reasoner is not showing up in the protege reasoner menu. Can some one help me in adding the same plugin in Protege 5.0.0.

Re: Add Pallet Reasoner to Protege 5.0.0

Rafael Gonçalves
Hi Haroon,

Could you provide us with the ontology that this happens with? Also, what kind of exception is FaCT++ throwing?

Regarding Pellet: unfortunately, the Pellet plugin for Protege is not online at this point, and we don’t know whether the Pellet team will make it available again.

Cheers,
Rafael

Ontology showing this type of behavior is given at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/ssnx/ssn. You can download it with http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/ssnx/ssn.owl. Error thrown by the Fact++ and other relevant details can be found at http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/32122/fact-throws-exception-and-hermit-runs-continuously