Adding comments (rdfs:comment) to restrictions

Adding comments (rdfs:comment) to restrictions

Gustavo Felhberg
Hi everybody,

I need to add comments (rdfs:comment) to restrictions (those listed on
the "Asserted Conditions" on the OWL Classes Tab). To add it, I
right-click on the restriction, go to the option "Edit Annotation
Property" and I add the comment I need.

The problem is that it makes my ontology to be OWL-FULL, but I need it
to be OWL-DL.

Is there a way to add comments (Annotation Properties) to these
restrictions and keeping it OWL-DL?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Adding comments (rdfs:comment) to restrictions

Alan Ruttenberg-2
This is an (unintended?) aspect of the OWL abstract syntax. In
practice it seems harmless, and I think it would be reasonable to
have a preference that said something like "don't have stuff that
doesn't matter trigger an OWL Full" warning.
-Alan