Algernon : Instance with multi-classes

Robert Dave
Hi,

I'am working on Algernon and I would like to use it to define instances which
are linked with two classes. When I create an instance with Algernon, it will be
linked with a class. For example, an instance of columnist is an Author. Then I
want Algernon to link the instance with a second class, for example tell the
columnist as a employee.
The command 'direct-class' is able to check is an instance is linked with a
class. But I don't find the way to link an instance with a second class.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Robert.

Re: Algernon : Instance with multi-classes

Micheal Hewett
(I am the Algernon developer).

I ran into this same problem a couple of weeks ago and have
it on a list of enhancements to add, but there seems to be no
way in Algernon to add a second class to an instance at this time.

Mike Hewett

> On 3/14/07, Robert Dave <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'am working on Algernon and I would like to use it to define instances which
> > are linked with two classes. When I create an instance with Algernon, it will be
> > linked with a class. For example, an instance of columnist is an Author. Then I
> > want Algernon to link the instance with a second class, for example tell the
> > columnist as a employee.
> > The command 'direct-class' is able to check is an instance is linked with a
> > class. But I don't find the way to link an instance with a second class.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> > Robert.

Re: Algernon : Change Instance's class

Robert Dave
Micheal Hewett <mike <at> hewetthome.net> writes:

> (I am the Algernon developer).
>
> I ran into this same problem a couple of weeks ago and have
> it on a list of enhancements to add, but there seems to be no
> way in Algernon to add a second class to an instance at this time.
>
> Mike Hewett

Hi,

Does it exist in Algernon a way to change the class of an instance?

Thx, Robert.

Re: Algernon : Change Instance's class

Micheal Hewett-2
I would try deleting the class-instance relationship using
 (:DELETE (:DIRECT-TYPE -instance- -class-))

and then try to create the new link using the :TAXONOMY
command:

  (:TAXONOMY (:THING (other-class my-instance)))

Mike