An owl question

Roland Hedberg
Hi!

I am working on a metadirectory system where events are expresed as
RDFs.

When I started this work I had sort of a ontology to start with, now
when I have come a bit further into the development I have to modify
the owl to represent the reality :-)

Doing this I have encounted a case which I don't know how to represent.

To start with I have two base classes: event and object. These two
are the used to construct three subclasses add, delete and modify,
which then are subclasses of both event and object. The reason for
this is of course that I might want to handle events that is not
about objects as such, like log events.

The event class contains two properties: eid (event id) and src
( event source), and so do the object class ( oid and objecttype).

Now, we come to the problem.
Depending on the objecttype value ( person, group, role, .... ) I'd
like to restrict which classes that can be used when describing how
the object properties has changed.

Persons have the properties surname, givenname, organizational units
the property formalname and so on.

Can this be done, if so how ?

One idea I had was to construct subclass of object, where the
property objecttype was restricted to exactly one value and then go
from there. Is there any other way ?

-- Roland

Help on logic symbols in protege!

yujia

Hello, all:

Who can help me understand the logic symbols in protégé? I even can’t copy it out and post them here to let you see.

I appreciate your help; I have been stucked here for a few days. I think the kernel part of protégé is its reasoning function, but I can’t even understand the logic symbols. Where can I find information about it?

Sincerely Yours

Jason Yu

Research Assistant

Computer Science & Information Systems

College of Business and Information Systems

Dakota State University

Madison, SD 57042

Tel: (605)256-0191

Homepage: www.students.dsu.edu/yujia

Re: Help on logic symbols in protege!

Natalya G. Keberle
Hello Yu Jia,

it might be good to read introductory papers to Description Logics, e.g.

http://www.inf.unibz.it/~franconi/dl/course/dlhb/dlhb-01.pdf

Cheers,
Natalya

> Who can help me understand the logic symbols in protйgй? I even can’t
> copy
> it out and post them here to let you see.
>

> I appreciate your help; I have been stucked here for a few days. I
> think the
> kernel part of protйgй is its reasoning function, but I can’t even
> understand the logic symbols. Where can I find information about it?
>

> Sincerely Yours
>

> Jason Yu
>

> Research Assistant
>
> Computer Science & Information Systems
>
> College of Business and Information Systems
>
> Dakota State University
>
> Madison, SD 57042
>
> Tel: (605)256-0191
>
> Homepage: www.students.dsu.edu/yujia

Re: Help on logic symbols in protege!

Nick Drummond
Yu Jia,

There's also a short summary table in the Help menu -> Protege OWL
Syntax and plenty of other material in the ProtegeOWL Tutorial [1]

Nick

[1] http://www.co-ode.org/resources/tutorials/ProtegeOWLTutorial.pdf