Annotation Template Problems and feature request.

Annotation Template Problems and feature request.

Phil Spiby

I am having problems with the Annotation Template plugin on Protégé 4.1 and 4.2-Alpha

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Open a new OWL file with default settings

2. Goto Classes tab

3. Set view to Annotation template

4. Create new class (sub class of Thing)

5. Enter text into a field on Annotation template (such as comment)

Error triangle shown to the right of the search window

In command window the following text is shown in the attached file

Protege 4.2.0 (build 249)

Annotation Template 1.1.1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I’m working on a project for Swedish Defence that involves providing Swedish annotations onto an OWL ontology that is initially annotated in English.

In order to do this we are creating a Swedish specific OWL file that imports the English annotated ontology and then provide additional Swedish annotations.

We are using SKOS and Dublin Core annotations and would like to use the xml:lang capability in addition to using the Annotation Template view to provide a specification of the default annotations required.

I guess this is over and above the original design goals for the plug-in, but think it may prove useful for others to support entry and display of language specific default annotations.

Dr Philip Spiby

Principal Consultant & Company Secretary

Tel/Fax: +44 1623 522940

Mobile: +44 7785 990352

E-Mail: [hidden email]

Web: www.eurostep.com

Eurostep Limited. Registered in England and Wales No.03049099

Registered Office: Cwttir Lane, St. Asaph, Denbighshire LL17 0LQ.

Annotation template error.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Annotation Template Problems and feature request.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the detailed bug report.  I can see what the issue is from looking at the stack trace that you included.  I've added an item in the Protege GForge tracker for this.

On 18 Nov 2011, at 03:42, Phil Spiby wrote:

> I am having problems with the Annotation Template plugin on Protégé 4.1 and 4.2-Alpha
>
> What steps will reproduce the problem?
> 1. Open a new OWL file with default settings
> 2. Goto Classes tab
> 3. Set view to Annotation template
> 4. Create new class (sub class of Thing)
> 5. Enter text into a field on Annotation template (such as comment)
>
> What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
> Error triangle shown to the right of the search window
> In command window the following text is shown in the attached file
>
> What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
> Protege 4.2.0 (build 249)
> Annotation Template 1.1.1
> Windows 7 Ultimate x64
>
> I’m working on a project for Swedish Defence that involves providing Swedish annotations onto an OWL ontology that is initially annotated in English.
> In order to do this we are creating a Swedish specific OWL file that imports the English annotated ontology and then provide additional Swedish annotations.
> We are using SKOS and Dublin Core annotations and would like to use the xml:lang capability in addition to using the Annotation Template view to provide a specification of the default annotations required.
> I guess this is over and above the original design goals for the plug-in, but think it may prove useful for others to support entry and display of language specific default annotations.

> Dr Philip Spiby
> Principal Consultant & Company Secretary
> Tel/Fax: +44 1623 522940
> Mobile: +44 7785 990352
> E-Mail: [hidden email]
> Web: www.eurostep.com
>
> Eurostep Limited. Registered in England and Wales No.03049099
> Registered Office: Cwttir Lane, St. Asaph, Denbighshire LL17 0LQ.

Re: Annotation Template Problems and feature request.

Phil Spiby
Hi Matthew,

I've noticed that I now get a notification that the Annotation Template View 2.0.0 is available, but when I try to install I get errors reporting that the file is not found.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://co-ode-owl-plugins.googlecode.com/files/org.coode.annotate_2_0_0.zip

My guess is that you have fixed the problem (great!) but not fully uploaded the fix (or set the appropriate permissions?).

Cheers
Phil

Thanks for the detailed bug report.  I can see what the issue is from looking at the stack trace that you included.  I've added an item in the Protege GForge tracker for this.

On 18 Nov 2011, at 03:42, Phil Spiby wrote:

> I am having problems with the Annotation Template plugin on Protégé
> 4.1 and 4.2-Alpha
>
> What steps will reproduce the problem?
> 1. Open a new OWL file with default settings 2. Goto Classes tab 3.
> Set view to Annotation template 4. Create new class (sub class of
> Thing) 5. Enter text into a field on Annotation template (such as
> comment)
>
> What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
> Error triangle shown to the right of the search window In command
> window the following text is shown in the attached file
>
> What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
> Protege 4.2.0 (build 249)
> Annotation Template 1.1.1
> Windows 7 Ultimate x64
>
> I'm working on a project for Swedish Defence that involves providing Swedish annotations onto an OWL ontology that is initially annotated in English.
> In order to do this we are creating a Swedish specific OWL file that imports the English annotated ontology and then provide additional Swedish annotations.
> We are using SKOS and Dublin Core annotations and would like to use the xml:lang capability in addition to using the Annotation Template view to provide a specification of the default annotations required.
> I guess this is over and above the original design goals for the plug-in, but think it may prove useful for others to support entry and display of language specific default annotations.

> --------------
> Dr Philip Spiby
> Principal Consultant & Company Secretary
> Tel/Fax: +44 1623 522940
> Mobile: +44 7785 990352
> E-Mail: [hidden email]
> Web: www.eurostep.com
>
> Eurostep Limited. Registered in England and Wales No.03049099
> Registered Office: Cwttir Lane, St. Asaph, Denbighshire LL17 0LQ.

Re: Annotation Template Problems and feature request.

Hi Phil,

Sorry, but I haven't looked at this yet, so I'm not sure what's going on..... it's still on our to do list though :)

On 28 Nov 2011, at 08:04, Phil Spiby wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> I've noticed that I now get a notification that the Annotation Template View 2.0.0 is available, but when I try to install I get errors reporting that the file is not found.
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://co-ode-owl-plugins.googlecode.com/files/org.coode.annotate_2_0_0.zip
>
> My guess is that you have fixed the problem (great!) but not fully uploaded the fix (or set the appropriate permissions?).
>
> Cheers
> Phil

Hi Matthew et al,

I'm still getting the notification that Annotation Template View 2.0.0 is available, but it still fails to install on my system, or others that I have recommend to have a look at this capability.
Could you confirm that the plug-in is at version 2 and that it installs correctly.
I could un-installing Protégé 4.2 and try re-installing to see if it is a problem with my installation.

Best regards