SWRL-IQ is a plugin for Protege 3.x that allows users to edit, save, and
submit queries to an underlying inference engine based on XSB Prolog.
The tool features:
- Goal-oriented backward-chaining Prolog-style reasoning (as
opposed to the forward-chaining paradigm used by most other SWRL
- Constraint-solving based on CLP(R) (Constraint Logic Programming
with Reals). This allows for more declarative and powerful rules and
- Saving queries.
- Exporting query results to XML or CSV format.
- Tracing and debugging inference results.
- Exporting query results in different formats.
- No dependency on proprietary or closed-source components. Uses
XSB Prolog, which is freely available under the LGPL license.
SWRL-IQ also has powerful SWRL extensions and a Java procedural
attachment mechanism. The manual, available at the URL above,
contains more information.
We have a public mailing list for discussion, questions, bug reports, and
feature requests at [hidden email]. To subscribe, send an
email to [hidden email] with the word "subscribe"