Any Tutorials for Generate Java Code tool?

Any Tutorials for Generate Java Code tool?

Michael DeBellis-2
Are there any tutorials or up to date documentation on the Generate java code option from the Tools menu? I'm looking for something really quick and dirty, just to get and set the value of a few data properties to start and I thought this would be easier than using Jena but in my Google search everything that came up seems pretty dated. I tried a simple example and the generated code looks fairly self explanatory but before I start trying to figure it out I thought I would just double check to make sure there aren't some tutorials I'm not aware of. Thanks.

Re: Any Tutorials for Generate Java Code tool?

Hi Michael,

I’m sorry, but I don’t know of any tutorials.  The code generation plugin is also not really maintained.  I’d recommend that you use another library like the OWL API (what Protege uses) or perhaps RDF4J or Jena.

> On 4 Jan 2019, at 15:46, Michael DeBellis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Are there any tutorials or up to date documentation on the Generate java code option from the Tools menu? I'm looking for something really quick and dirty, just to get and set the value of a few data properties to start and I thought this would be easier than using Jena but in my Google search everything that came up seems pretty dated. I tried a simple example and the generated code looks fairly self explanatory but before I start trying to figure it out I thought I would just double check to make sure there aren't some tutorials I'm not aware of. Thanks.
>
> Michael

Re: Any Tutorials for Generate Java Code tool?

Michael DeBellis-2
Thanks, Matthew, that’s good to know about the code generation plugin,  I’ll look at the OWL API or Jena instead.