Apostrophe

Aurelia-3

Hi!
I'd like to have instances with apostrophe, like "aujourd'hui",
in my ontology. Protégé replaces the apostrophes with "_" when
I import my base and doesn't accept apostrophes when you type
them. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!!
Aurélia

Re: Apostrophe

Tania Tudorache

Aurelia,

if you are using Protege frames, you can have apostrophe in the class
names. However OWL does not allow this. Here you find some some
information about this:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-concepts-20040210/#dfn-URI-reference

In Protege OWL, you can use alternate names that can contain any
character. You can read on our wiki page how you can do this:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HidingIdentifiersWithLabels

If you have OWL related questions, please post them in future on the OWL
discussion list.

Thanks,
Tania

Aurelia wrote:

>Hi!
>I'd like to have instances with apostrophe, like "aujourd'hui",
>in my ontology. Protégé replaces the apostrophes with "_" when
>I import my base and doesn't accept apostrophes when you type
>them. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
>Thanks in advance!!
>Aurélia

Re: Apostrophe

Olivier Dameron

Aurélia,

On Tue, 23 May 2006 09:54:57 +0000 (UTC), Aurelia <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'd like to have instances with apostrophe, like "aujourd'hui",
> in my ontology. Protégé replaces the apostrophes with "_" when
> I import my base and doesn't accept apostrophes when you type
> them. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Using apostrophes in uri (which are used to identify classes, properties and instances) is indeed forbiden.

If you want to use funky characters you will need to use rdfs:label properties.
See http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HidingIdentifiersWithLabels for further details.

Olivier

Re: Apostrophe

Francisco Javier Salas

However, If you use the rdfs:label you could have two instances with the
same name.

For instance

1. :NAME or rdf:ID --> _ins1
   rdfs:label -->  ins1