Basic question

Patrick Cassidy
I tried looking at Protégé 4.3 to see if there is a way to increase the java
memory (max 500M in my version), and can't find the method.  In Protégé 3.5
I Can edit the bat file, but that doesn't seem to be possible with 4.3.

My ontology keeps running out of memory when I try to do some reasoning with
4.3  - 8000 classes and 2000 restrictions.
Any suggestions?

Pat

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA Inc.
[hidden email]
1-908-561-3416

Re: Basic question

Paulo Picota

Hello Patric,

One question that subject. Are you using Pellet to do the reasoning?  Are you implementing some  swrl rules?

Regards,
Paulo.

On May 8, 2014 12:06 PM, "Patrick Cassidy" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I tried looking at Protégé 4.3 to see if there is a way to increase the java
memory (max 500M in my version), and can't find the method.  In Protégé 3.5
I Can edit the bat file, but that doesn't seem to be possible with 4.3.

My ontology keeps running out of memory when I try to do some reasoning with
4.3  - 8000 classes and 2000 restrictions.
Any suggestions?

Pat

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA Inc.
[hidden email]
1-908-561-3416

Re: Basic question

Steve Wartik
Patrick

Edit Protege.lax. Specifically, change the lax.nl.java.option.java.heap.size.max value.

Regards,

Steve Wartik

Re: Basic question

Patrick Cassidy
Steve,
    Many thanks for the suggestion about protégé.lax.  It worked perfectly!
   And thanks to Paulo for the reply and offer to help
   What a great group!  Fantastic resource.

  Although I have been building ontologies with Protege for a years, it has been a while since I actually had to delve into the Java basic functions.  I tried to find the right file, but missed the lax file somehow. I've forgotten most of the basic stuff.
  Glad to have you folks around.

Pat

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA Inc.