Beginnings of a Protege 4 User's Guide

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Protege Community,

We've started the process of developing a wiki-based Protege 4 User's
Guide [1] [2]. The current guide is intended to act as a starting point,
to be filled in and corrected by Protege staff and users.

Special thanks go to Rich Morin [3] for developing the initial set of
wiki pages. Feedback and contributions are welcome.

Best,
Jennifer

[1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Pr4_UG
[2] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Pr4_UG_mi_Introduction
[3] http://www.cfcl.com/rdm

Re: Beginnings of a Protege 4 User's Guide

Mike Bergman
Hi All,

I really applaud this needed effort.

Has outreach been made to Manchester about possibly seeding this
guide with their now two year-old excellent tutorial [1]?

Mike

[1]
http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/tutorials/protegeowltutorial/resources/ProtegeOWLTutorialP4_v1_2.pdf

On 1/25/2011 5:43 PM, Jennifer Vendetti wrote:

> Protege Community,
>
> We've started the process of developing a wiki-based Protege 4
> User's Guide [1] [2]. The current guide is intended to act as a
> starting point, to be filled in and corrected by Protege staff
> and users.
>
> Special thanks go to Rich Morin [3] for developing the initial
> set of wiki pages. Feedback and contributions are welcome.
>
> Best,
> Jennifer
>
> [1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Pr4_UG
> [2] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Pr4_UG_mi_Introduction
> [3] http://www.cfcl.com/rdm

Re: Beginnings of a Protege 4 User's Guide

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Hello Mike,

On 1/25/2011 4:22 PM, Mike Bergman wrote:
> Has outreach been made to Manchester about possibly seeding this guide
> with their now two year-old excellent tutorial [1]?
>
> [1]
> http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/tutorials/protegeowltutorial/resources/ProtegeOWLTutorialP4_v1_2.pdf

This idea was tossed around at the beginning, but later abandoned.  The
focus of Manchester's tutorial is on building an OWL ontology.  Protege
4 is featured as the editing environment, but theoretically could be
replaced by any other OWL editing environment.  On the other hand, our
wiki-based user's guide is more of a mechanical reference for
interacting with the various tabs/views/menu items in the user
interface.  We're hoping the tutorial and the guide can be complimentary
rather than overlapping.

Jennifer

> On 1/25/2011 5:43 PM, Jennifer Vendetti wrote:
>> Protege Community,
>>
>> We've started the process of developing a wiki-based Protege 4
>> User's Guide [1] [2]. The current guide is intended to act as a
>> starting point, to be filled in and corrected by Protege staff
>> and users.
>>
>> Special thanks go to Rich Morin [3] for developing the initial
>> set of wiki pages. Feedback and contributions are welcome.
>>
>> Best,
>> Jennifer
>>
>> [1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Pr4_UG
>> [2] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Pr4_UG_mi_Introduction
>> [3] http://www.cfcl.com/rdm

Validation OWL-2-RL and xsd:date

Evain, Jean-Pierre
Dear all,

I am using Protégé 4.1 as my ontology editor.

I have been working in the W3C MAWG on an ontology for audiovisual content.

Our decision was to aim at OWL-RL compliance.

I can do this but actually protégé automatically adds

    <!--
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //
    // Datatypes
    //
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
     -->
    <!-- http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#date -->

    <rdfs:Datatype rdf:about="&xsd;date"/>

Although we are using only dateTime to comply with OWL-RL requirements.

Where does this come from ?

I can live with it and do the finale edits manually but..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed.
If you have received this email in error,
please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email
message has been swept by the mailgateway