Best way to combine Ontology .owl with separate RDF .ttl?

Best way to combine Ontology .owl with separate RDF .ttl?

Tim Williams
Hello everyone,

I have created a very simple ontology in Protege as a "working example" to help me learn my way around OWL. I want to apply that ontology to a separate spreadsheet of data that I convert from .csv to RDF (.ttl).  I will then upload the RDF into Fuseki as a SPARQL endpoint on my local machine to play with SPARQL.

What is the best way to merge the RDF information in the .owl ontology with the observations from my spreadsheet?   I also want to ensure my terms in the ontology match those in the RDF representation of the spreadsheet data.

I've found lots of documentation online describing both Ontologies and Observations as RDF but little on combining the two unless you are creating and querying data directly within Protege (which would be rare in a real life application).

Cheers!

Tim W.

Re: Best way to combine Ontology .owl with separate RDF .ttl?

Olivier Rossel
This is the point of the datalift project.
http://datalift.org/en/node/3

May be you want to have a look at this video:

Feel free to contact Gabriel Kepeklian on Twitter (@g_kn)

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Tim Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you Olivier.

DataLift appears to have potential. I have joined the user mail list and asked if it can apply an ontology saved on my local machine.  All screen shots show ontology references as URL sources - perhaps a workaround would be to serve it of my localhost with Tomcat?

I am also interested in other alternatives if anyone else has suggestions.

Cheers,

Tim