Built in rules support protege 5.5.0

Joel Valim
Hello,

I would like to know what support protege 5.5.0 gives to swrl built -ins.

I am programming in python and using owlready2 for creating ontologies along
with pellet reasoner.
For purposes of testing and prototyping I am using Protege.

Using swrl built ins would allow me to greatly expand possibilities.

Is there in place such support in 5.5.0 version of protege?

Is there a tutorial where I could try an in depth exploration of swrl and
built ins?

Thanks in advance

Joel Valim

Re: Built in rules support protege 5.5.0

samsontu
It’s the reasoners, not Protege 5.5, that support SWRL built-ins.

If you are working with Pellet, you need to find Pellet documentation for SWRL built-ins support. (Unfortunately, I don’t seem to be able to find it on the web anymore. My recollection is that Pellet supports most of the built-ins defined at [1] except for some (most?) of the date, time, duration, and lists built-ins.)

With best regards,
Samson

[1] https://www.w3.org/Submission/SWRL/

On Mar 13, 2020, at 10:21 AM, Joel Valim <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know what support protege 5.5.0 gives to swrl built -ins.

I am programming in python and using owlready2 for creating ontologies along
with pellet reasoner.
For purposes of testing and prototyping I am using Protege.

Using swrl built ins would allow me to greatly expand possibilities.

Is there in place such support in 5.5.0 version of protege?

Is there a tutorial where I could try an in depth exploration of swrl and
built ins?

Thanks in advance

Joel Valim

Re: Built in rules support protege 5.5.0

Lorenz Buehmann

The information is still online: https://github.com/stardog-union/pellet/wiki/FAQ#does-pellet-support-rules-swrl-which-builtins

That said, other custom built-ins can be used via SWRL API, but this won't be taken into account by the OWL reasoners then and can only be used in SWRL Tab and SQWRL Tab.