The 8th International Conference on Biomedical Ontologies (ICBO-2017) brings
together representatives of communities involved in the development and
application of ontologies in the field of healthcare and life sciences.
Together, they will address issues pertaining to the development of
ontological resources and their optimal use in applications.
This year, the conference will be hosted by Newcastle University,
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, and will include keynote talks from Dr James Malone, CEO
at FactBio, and Professor Alan Rector from the University of Manchester.
The conference will cover topics including, but not limited to,
- Ontology engineering and reuse
- Programmatic ontology engineering and application
- Ontologies data integration
- Fluidity and reuse
- Data visualisation
- Pathway analysis
- Knowledge discovery.
In addition to the main conference, a day of workshops are available,
- Vaccine and Drug Ontology Studies (VDOS)
- Cells in ExperimentaL Life Science (CELLS)
- 2nd Workshop on Representing Social and Legal Entities in the Biomedical
- Oncology Ontology Workshop/ONCONTO 2017
- OBO Tutorial
- ONTOEDIT 2017
- Ontologies at large - practical introduction to the EMBL-EBI ontology
tools and services for data annotation.
For more information, visit the ICBO-2017 website, where further details on the
available workshops, keynotes, accepted talks, and timings are available: http://conferences.ncl.ac.uk/icbo17
23rd August 2017: Registration deadline
13th September 2017: Conference workshops
14th - 15th September 2017: Main conference