Can OntoGraf display individuals?

Steve Vestal
I am having trouble getting OntoGraf to display individuals and
properties, which (my impression) it can do.  I am attaching a
screenshot.  On the right, it offers me "class" as a node type and "has
individual" and "has subclass" as arc types, but I cannot figure out how
to display individuals in the graph.  The views on the left show that
individuals do exist in these classes.  What settings or commands do I
use to follow the "has individual" properties and display the
individuals for a class in the graph?  Or is that not supported by OntoGraf?

As shown on the left in an object property hierarchy view, there are
also additional properties in the model.  Is there a way to get these
listed as arc type choices?

This was done with the Pellet reasoner running.

OntoGrafScreenShot.jpg (269K) Download Attachment

Re: Can OntoGraf display individuals?

samsontu

On Feb 14, 2020, at 4:19 PM, Steve Vestal <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am having trouble getting OntoGraf to display individuals and
properties, which (my impression) it can do.  I am attaching a
screenshot.  On the right, it offers me "class" as a node type and "has
individual" and "has subclass" as arc types, but I cannot figure out how
to display individuals in the graph.  The views on the left show that
individuals do exist in these classes.  What settings or commands do I
use to follow the "has individual" properties and display the
individuals for a class in the graph?  Or is that not supported by OntoGraf?

As shown on the left in an object property hierarchy view, there are
also additional properties in the model.  Is there a way to get these
listed as arc type choices?

First, I don’t think OntoGraf displays inferred relationships. If the individuals’ class membership in your graph was inferred, I don’t think OntoGraph would display it.

Otherwise double-click on the class of which the individuals are members, and OntoGraf should show the individuals. In the screen dump below, a1 is an asserted individual of class A (displayed) and an inferred individual of class C (not displayed).

I think OntoGraf dynamically determine the relationships being display in the graph and lists them in the “Arc types” panel. It’s not a user-configurable display (except for the “filter” option).

With best regards,
Samson