Can't run protege in windows 7.

Raghupathi Thota
Hello,

I've downloaded Protege-5.0.0. when i try to run run.bat file, its giving below error. I have installed latest version of jdk1.8. can someone please help me out.

This version of E:\DBPedia\Protege-5.0.0-beta-24-win\Protege-5.0.0-beta-24\jre\bin\java.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

Thanks !
Raghupathi Thota

Re: Can't run protege in windows 7.

Rafael Gonçalves
Hi Raghupathi,

Since you already have Java installed use the platform-independent distribution of Protege.

The Protege version you downloaded is bundled with a (64-bit) JRE that won't run on a 32-bit OS, which I presume you have, right?

Cheers,
Rafael