Cellfie - does it import definitions?

MBA

Cellfie - does it import definitions?

MBA
Hi,
I have a spreadsheet filled by people from my university.
I want to import classes and subsclasses from it to Protege, this is okay,
it works.
But I also want to import natural language definitions from a spreadsheet
column to the rdfs:comment field.
Seeing the examples, it seems possible, but it is not working. Is it really
possible to to this with Cellfie?
Thanks,
MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

Martin O'Connor-2

What do you mean by 'it is not working'.

Can you list the Cellfie expression that you are using and describe how the behavior is not as you expect.

Martin

MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

MBA
Thank you by the reply.

I have tried several ones, looking for the examples in the site, but it just not come up with any result.
This is the last one. "A" cells have the classes, "M2" Cell has de superclass and I want to put definitions in comments of protege, which are in "K" cells.

Class: @A*
   SubClassOf: @M2
   Annotations: comments @k*

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:59 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

What do you mean by 'it is not working'.

Can you list the Cellfie expression that you are using and describe how the behavior is not as you expect.

Martin

> On Mar 2, 2020, at 1:53 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have a spreadsheet filled by people from my university.
> I want to import classes and subsclasses from it to Protege, this is okay,
> it works.
> But I also want to import natural language definitions from a spreadsheet
> column to the rdfs:comment field.
> Seeing the examples, it seems possible, but it is not working. Is it really
> possible to to this with Cellfie?
> Thanks,
> MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

Martin O'Connor-2

Try:

Class: @A*
   SubClassOf: @M2
   Annotations: rdfs:comment @K*

Martin

MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

MBA
It said the namne comment does not exist in the ontology.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 7:49 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

Try:

Class: @A*
   SubClassOf: @M2
   Annotations: rdfs:comment @K*

Martin

On Mar 2, 2020, at 2:45 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you by the reply.

I have tried several ones, looking for the examples in the site, but it just not come up with any result.
This is the last one. "A" cells have the classes, "M2" Cell has de superclass and I want to put definitions in comments of protege, which are in "K" cells.

Class: @A*
   SubClassOf: @M2
   Annotations: comments @k*

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:59 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

What do you mean by 'it is not working'.

Can you list the Cellfie expression that you are using and describe how the behavior is not as you expect.

Martin

> On Mar 2, 2020, at 1:53 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have a spreadsheet filled by people from my university.
> I want to import classes and subsclasses from it to Protege, this is okay,
> it works.
> But I also want to import natural language definitions from a spreadsheet
> column to the rdfs:comment field.
> Seeing the examples, it seems possible, but it is not working. Is it really
> possible to to this with Cellfie?
> Thanks,
> MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

Martin O'Connor-2

The property name is "rdfs:comment". Can you post the full error message dump.

Martin

MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

MBA
Thank you Martin, attached you will meet some snapshots.
Do not find any log error file now.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 8:03 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

The property name is "rdfs:comment". Can you post the full error message dump.

Martin

On Mar 2, 2020, at 2:54 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:

It said the namne comment does not exist in the ontology.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 7:49 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

Try:

Class: @A*
   SubClassOf: @M2
   Annotations: rdfs:comment @K*

Martin

On Mar 2, 2020, at 2:45 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you by the reply.

I have tried several ones, looking for the examples in the site, but it just not come up with any result.
This is the last one. "A" cells have the classes, "M2" Cell has de superclass and I want to put definitions in comments of protege, which are in "K" cells.

Class: @A*
   SubClassOf: @M2
   Annotations: comments @k*

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:59 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

What do you mean by 'it is not working'.

Can you list the Cellfie expression that you are using and describe how the behavior is not as you expect.

Martin

> On Mar 2, 2020, at 1:53 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have a spreadsheet filled by people from my university.
> I want to import classes and subsclasses from it to Protege, this is okay,
> it works.
> But I also want to import natural language definitions from a spreadsheet
> column to the rdfs:comment field.
> Seeing the examples, it seems possible, but it is not working. Is it really
> possible to to this with Cellfie?
> Thanks,
> MBA

1.jpg (131K) Download Attachment
3.jpg (159K) Download Attachment
2.jpg (447K) Download Attachment

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

Martin O'Connor-2

You still have some expressos with the property ‘comments’. Replace with ‘rdfs:comment’.

Martin

MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

MBA
Hi Martin, I hope I am not bothering you, but as you can see attached, it didn't produce any axiom.
I will try in a Mac and see if it works by chance.
Thanks
photo
Mauricio B. Almeida, PhD
Associate Professor, Information Science, Federal University of Minas Gerais

Researcher >>> The National Council for Scientific and Technological Development

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 1:43 AM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

You still have some expressos with the property ‘comments’. Replace with ‘rdfs:comment’.

Martin

On Mar 2, 2020, at 3:16 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you Martin, attached you will meet some snapshots.
Do not find any log error file now.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 8:03 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

The property name is "rdfs:comment". Can you post the full error message dump.

Martin

On Mar 2, 2020, at 2:54 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:

It said the namne comment does not exist in the ontology.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 7:49 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

Try:

Class: @A*
   SubClassOf: @M2
   Annotations: rdfs:comment @K*

Martin

On Mar 2, 2020, at 2:45 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you by the reply.

I have tried several ones, looking for the examples in the site, but it just not come up with any result.
This is the last one. "A" cells have the classes, "M2" Cell has de superclass and I want to put definitions in comments of protege, which are in "K" cells.

Class: @A*
   SubClassOf: @M2
   Annotations: comments @k*

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:59 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

What do you mean by 'it is not working'.

Can you list the Cellfie expression that you are using and describe how the behavior is not as you expect.

Martin

> On Mar 2, 2020, at 1:53 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have a spreadsheet filled by people from my university.
> I want to import classes and subsclasses from it to Protege, this is okay,
> it works.
> But I also want to import natural language definitions from a spreadsheet
> column to the rdfs:comment field.
> Seeing the examples, it seems possible, but it is not working. Is it really
> possible to to this with Cellfie?
> Thanks,
> MBA

Sem.jpg (634K) Download Attachment

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

Michael DeBellis-2
Mauricio, I haven't been following the discussion here in detail because I don't have much experience with Celfie so this may be a dumb suggestion but if I'm understanding the issue, you are trying to get some string data from your spreadsheet into an annotation. I wonder have you considered just creating a data property in your ontology (something like hasComment) with a range of xsd:string rather than using the built-in rdfs:comment annotation or does it absolutely have to be stored as an annotation?

MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

MBA
Hello Michael, thanks, it is a good idea, I had though about this and I suppose it will work.
But what I want to avoid is the copy/past process, because of this I was trying to put it direclty on the rdfs: comments. From such comments, other people would use it to make the axioms. This is the standard way to deliver ontologies here.
According to examples I've seen in the site, it seems possible, but is it not working. I suppose your idea will be the solution. Many thanks.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 12:34 PM Michael DeBellis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:59 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

What do you mean by 'it is not working'.

Can you list the Cellfie expression that you are using and describe how the behavior is not as you expect.

Martin

> On Mar 2, 2020, at 1:53 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have a spreadsheet filled by people from my university.
> I want to import classes and subsclasses from it to Protege, this is okay,
> it works.
> But I also want to import natural language definitions from a spreadsheet
> column to the rdfs:comment field.
> Seeing the examples, it seems possible, but it is not working. Is it really
> possible to to this with Cellfie?
> Thanks,
> MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

You appear to be using an older release candidate of Protege. Can you updated to the latest 5.5.0 version.

I've tested with this version and rdfs:comment annotations are working.

Martin

MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

MBA
Hi, many thanks for this! It is working now!

MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

MBA
So, one more question, thanks in advance.

This is my rule:

Class: @B*
   SubClassOf: @N3
   Annotations: rdfs:DEF @C*
   Annotations: rdfs:TERM @K*

"DEF" and "TERM" are suclasses of rdfs:comment, but the plugin did not generate any axioms.
Is this the expected result, I mean, does it not work with subclasses of annotations ?? Or, am I missing something?

Thanks

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 3:52 PM Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:59 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

What do you mean by 'it is not working'.

Can you list the Cellfie expression that you are using and describe how the behavior is not as you expect.

Martin

> On Mar 2, 2020, at 1:53 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have a spreadsheet filled by people from my university.
> I want to import classes and subsclasses from it to Protege, this is okay,
> it works.
> But I also want to import natural language definitions from a spreadsheet
> column to the rdfs:comment field.
> Seeing the examples, it seems possible, but it is not working. Is it really
> possible to to this with Cellfie?
> Thanks,
> MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

Josef Hardi
Hi Mauricio,

The rule of thumb is if you specify a concept name of an entity (either it is a class, property, individual, datatype) in the transformation rule, the ontology must have that concept name. So please check in your ontology if you do have the annotation properties “rdfs:DEF” and “rdfs:TERM” (notice the name must contain the prefix ‘rdfs:’ too).

Hope this solves your problem.

Best,
Josef

MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

MBA
Hi Josef, many thanks for your reply. I will try and, I agree, I suppose it will work.
Best,
MBA

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 7:34 PM Josef Hardi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:59 PM Martin O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

What do you mean by 'it is not working'.

Can you list the Cellfie expression that you are using and describe how the behavior is not as you expect.

Martin

> On Mar 2, 2020, at 1:53 PM, Mauricio Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have a spreadsheet filled by people from my university.
> I want to import classes and subsclasses from it to Protege, this is okay,
> it works.
> But I also want to import natural language definitions from a spreadsheet
> column to the rdfs:comment field.
> Seeing the examples, it seems possible, but it is not working. Is it really
> possible to to this with Cellfie?
> Thanks,
> MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

Note too that if you are defining your own concepts you should typically be putting them into a namespace that you define. DEF and TERM are not RDFS concepts and should not be in its namespace.

Martin

MBA

Re: Cellfie - does it import definitions?

MBA
Yes, you are correct, I had thought about this. I appreciate the opinions and tips, very helpful.
Best,