Cellfie question

Larry Gadallah
Hi all:

Another (possibly noob) question, but I’ve burned a fair bit of time on it over the weekend: I’m trying to import things like MAC addresses (vendor-xx-yy-xx) and software versions (1.234), and no matter what kind of MM incantation I use in the Cellfie rules, it mangles these kinds of names into things like “VendorXxYxZz” or “1234”. I find this frustrating, because if I create entities using the Protégé UI, I can create names that are exactly what I want. How can I turn this “mangle names on import” feature off?

LARRY GADALLAH | Sr. Staff Software Engineer
O: +1.206.812.9706 | F: +1.206.517.5262
http://www.impinj.com

Re: Cellfie question

Josef Hardi
Hi Larry,

We’re sorry for the frustration that costs you with Cellfie. It is still in initial development and your feedback means a lot for us.

Regarding the naming issue, currently the implementation for creating entity names as URI supports only alphanumeric, i.e. [A-Za-z0-9]. Therefore the system will omit all non-alphanumeric characters and do camelCasing.

However you can try to create Individual assertions that use some of the data properties to describe the value assertion. In this way, the produced string will stay the same as the original.

For example, I have a simple dummy table as below:

And data properties in my ontology: address, product and version

With Cellfie I then define the transformation rule as follows:

Individual: @A1
   Facts: address @A1, product @B1, version @C1

When I generate the axioms, I’ll get an Individual assertion axiom with values presented in the spreadsheet.

I hope this approach can suit your need.

Best,
Josef

On Jan 18, 2016, at 1:40 PM, Larry Gadallah <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all:

Another (possibly noob) question, but I’ve burned a fair bit of time on it over the weekend: I’m trying to import things like MAC addresses (vendor-xx-yy-xx) and software versions (1.234), and no matter what kind of MM incantation I use in the Cellfie rules, it mangles these kinds of names into things like “VendorXxYxZz” or “1234”. I find this frustrating, because if I create entities using the Protégé UI, I can create names that are exactly what I want. How can I turn this “mangle names on import” feature off?

LARRY GADALLAH | Sr. Staff Software Engineer
O: +1.206.812.9706 | F: +1.206.517.5262
http://www.impinj.com

Re: Cellfie question

Csongor Nyulas-2
Administrator
You should be also able use the value specification clause in your mapping expressions to have the names generated the way you like it:
https://github.com/protegeproject/mapping-master/wiki/MappingMasterDSL#Processing_Cell_Content

Csongor

On 01/19/2016 09:28 AM, Josef Hardi wrote:
[...]

Hi Csongor:

Understood, but as Josef (thanks for your work with Cellfie) pointed out, the URI restrictions would still apply, wouldn’t they?

Thanks,

--
LARRY GADALLAH | Sr. Staff Software Engineer
O: +1.206.812.9706 | F: +1.206.517.5262
http://www.impinj.com

Re: Cellfie question

Csongor Nyulas-2
Administrator
I am not sure. If you let Cellfie generate the IRIs for you
automatically, then the restrictions described by Josef are in place,
indeed, but I am not sure if the same algorithm is used also in the case
when you do specify explicitly from what information should the ID be
created. In older versions of MappingMaster (which is the underlying
engine to Cellfie), you had the freedom to create custom ids. Why don't
you try it out to see what happens? In fact, the characters in the
examples, were all valid characters for an IRI (besides alphanumeric
characters you got only dashes '-' and periods '.').

Csongor

On 01/22/2016 11:29 AM, Larry Gadallah wrote:

> Hi Csongor:
>
> Understood, but as Josef (thanks for your work with Cellfie) pointed out, the URI restrictions would still apply, wouldn’t they?
>
> Thanks,
>

>> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 12:47:13 -0800
>> From: Csongor Nyulas <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [protege-user] Cellfie question
>>
>> You should be also able use the value specification clause in your
>> mapping expressions to have the names generated the way you like it:
>> https://github.com/protegeproject/mapping-master/wiki/MappingMasterDSL#Processing_Cell_Content
>>
>> Csongor
>>

>> On 01/19/2016 09:28 AM, Josef Hardi wrote:
>>> Hi Larry,
>>>
>>> We?re sorry for the frustration that costs you with Cellfie. It is
>>> still in initial development and your feedback means a lot for us.
>>>
>>> Regarding the naming issue, currently the implementation for creating
>>> entity names as URI supports only alphanumeric, i.e. [A-Za-z0-9].
>>> Therefore the system will omit all non-alphanumeric characters and do
>>> camelCasing.
>>>
>>> However you can try to create Individual assertions that use some of
>>> the data properties to describe the value assertion. In this way, the
>>> produced string will stay the same as the original.
>>>
>>> For example, I have a simple dummy table as below:
>>>

>>> And data properties in my ontology: address, product and version
>>>

>>> With Cellfie I then define the transformation rule as follows:
>>>
>>> Individual: @A1
>>>     Facts: address @A1, product @B1, version @C1
>>>
>>> When I generate the axioms, I?ll get an Individual assertion axiom
>>> with values presented in the spreadsheet.
>>>

>>> I hope this approach can suit your need.
>>>

>>> Best,
>>> Josef

> --
> LARRY GADALLAH | Sr. Staff Software Engineer
> O: +1.206.812.9706 | F: +1.206.517.5262
> http://www.impinj.com

Re: Cellfie question

Michael Renner
I am having this issue as well.
I would like to add Service:Operation as an Individual of a class, but seemingly not able to load due to the ":" character as well as "-" in the Service names.

I want to use the ":" delimiter due to aliasing of same Operations in different Services.
What is the outlook for allowing non-alphanumeric characters in cellfie?
MR

Re: Cellfie question

Josef Hardi
In OWL, the colon “:” is a reserved character to indicate the prefix label, so you cannot include that to write an OWL entity name. Unless if you specify “Service:” as a prefix label, e.g., PREFIX Service: <http://example.org/Servive/>, then Cellfie will be able to process the given name.

If “Service:” is part of your naming convention then I might suggest you to use the `mm:replaceAll` function and combine that with a label annotation to create the proper OWL objects, such that you write your transformation rule as:

Class: @A*(mm:replaceAll(“:”, “_”))
   Annotations: rdfs:label @A*

And you’ll get the result as below:

Best,