Call for Papers for SWAT4LS 2017
10th International Conference on Semantic Web Applications and Tools for Health Care and Life Sciences,
4-7th December 2017, Rome, Italy
Abstract and paper submission opens: July 28
EOI for tutorials: September 8
Paper abstract: September 22
Poster abstract and paper submission: October 6
Notification of acceptance: November 3
Monday, December 4: Tutorials
Tuesday, December 5: Main Conference, Evening: Conference dinner
Wednesday, December 6: Main Conference
Thursday, December 7: Hackathon
Carole Goble, University of Manchester, UK
(more to be confirmed)
The 2017 SWAT4LS international conference will provide the same open and vibrant environment that has previously brought together researchers, developers, and users, from many fields to discuss goals, current limits and real experiences in the use of Semantic Web technologies in health care and the life sciences.
The next SWAT4LS will be held in Rome, Italy, 4-7th December 2017.
Tutorials, conference and hackathon will be held at the CNR headquarters and other nearby venues.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to Semantic Web technologies in the following areas:
- Tools for the management and analysis of semantic data in the life sciences, medicine and health care
- The description, integration, analysis and use of data in pursuit of challenges in the life sciences, medicine and health
- Semantically enabled tools for the life sciences, medicine and health
- Knowledge representation for biomedical knowledge bases
- Harnessing biomedical ontologies and terminologies with medical standards for information exchange
- Electronic Health Records (EHRs), patient data and clinical trial data
- Enabling translational medicine and personalized medicine
- Semantic scientific publishing in the life sciences, medicine and health
- Rule based systems exploiting semantics
- NLP and text mining using semantic technologies
- Emerging technologies in Semantic Web, e.g. JSON-LD, graph databases
- Machine learning based solutions leveraging ontologies and semantic technologies
- Empirical studies and evaluation of Semantic Web tools and applications in the life sciences
- Related standards such as CDISC, HL7 and LOINC used with semantic technology
- Ethical issues and data governance in healthcare and medical data on Semantic Web
- Future directions for Semantic Web technologies in the life sciences and interdisciplinary relations to fields such as water science, agro-science, human science
Types of submission
The following types of submissions for SWAT4LS 2017 are sought:
Research papers – Original research on a topic of interest to the SWAT4LS audience.
Software papers – New applications and tool descriptions addressing a topic of interest to the SWAT4LS audience.
Position papers, application notes, discovery notes or a short version of a long paper topic. using Semantic Web applications and tools.
Tutorials – Presenting teaching and learning material on a topic of interest for the SWAT4LS audience.
Software demos – Present software and tools in action.
Posters - An opportunity to present work in the area informally centred on a poster.
Industry – Abstract only required, describing industrial applications or research
Authors of accepted paper contributions to SWAT4LS 2017 will be invited to submit to a journal special issue.
All submissions will be handled via the EasyChair submission system at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swat4ls2017
All papers and posters must be in English and submitted in pdf using the LNCS format http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html .
Submissions for long papers must be a maximum of ten pages.
Submissions for short papers must be a maximum of five pages.
Submissions for posters abstract only required up to a maximum of two pages.
Submissions for software demo proposals must be a maximum of two pages.
Papers will be peer-reviewed by at least three members of the Scientific Program Committee.
Albert Burger (Heriot-Watt University, UK)
M Scott Marshall (Netherlands Cancer Institute, The Netherlands)
Adrian Paschke ( Fraunhofer FOKUS and Freie Universität Berlin, Germany)
Paolo Romano (Ospedale Policlinico San Martino, Italy)
Andrea Splendiani (Novartis NIBR, CH)
Valentina Presutti (ISTC CNR, Italy)
protege-user mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|