Change prefixes in a Webprotege project

Ivan Rygaev
Hello!

We are using Webprotege on our own server. We would like to add one more RDF prefix to an existing ontology project in it.

Basically I'm talking about the following tag in the RDF/XML format (the red line needs to be added).

     xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
     xmlns:swrlb="http://www.w3.org/2003/11/swrlb#"
     xmlns:swrl="http://www.w3.org/2003/11/swrl#"

How can I do that? I don't see any pages in Webprotege where those prefixes are even displayed, not talking about editing them. Moreover, when I try to upload a copy of the project with the prefix added, it gets removed. When I download the ontology back, the prefix is not there. How does that work in Webprotege?

Thank you.

Ivan Rygaev
Laboratory of Computation Linguistics, IITP RAS, Moscow, Russia.

Re: Change prefixes in a Webprotege project

You can’t edit prefixes in the current release.  The version of WebProtege hosted at webprotege.stanford.edu offers the possibility of adding prefixes to a project (see screenshot below), but these are currently for use in the UI.  I’ve added an issue to the WebProtege issue tracker for this [1].

     xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#"
     xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">

How can I do that? I don't see any pages in Webprotege where those prefixes are even displayed, not talking about editing them. Moreover, when I try to upload a copy of the project with the prefix added, it gets removed. When I download the ontology back, the prefix is not there. How does that work in Webprotege?

Thank you.

Ivan Rygaev
Laboratory of Computation Linguistics, IITP RAS, Moscow, Russia.

Re: Change prefixes in a Webprotege project

Ivan Rygaev
Matthew,

Thank you for the answer.

Are there any workarounds?

The first ontology we used is downloading fine with all prefixes that were there in the original uploaded file.
Can we reproduce this somehow (i.e. uploading another ontology with an additional prefix that will be included in the downloaded file)?

Thank you.

Ivan.

Re: Change prefixes in a Webprotege project

Ivan Rygaev
Matthew,

Can you please comment on this?

Thank you.

Ivan.

Re: Change prefixes in a Webprotege project

Hi Ivan,

Sorry for the late reply.  I’m catching up with emails.

I was wondering whether or not you’ve managed to try this out on webprotege.stanford.edu.  If you set the appropriate prefixes they should now be used in the downloaded ontology documents.