Class browser, instance browser and instance editor

Class browser, instance browser and instance editor

bsc ranjan
Hi all,

I was going through some of the tutorials which used older protégé versions (4.2 or 4.3), which has instance browser and instance editors. These will definitely make my life a lot easier.

I am trying to find something similar in the Protege 5.2.0 version but I am unable to find similar tabs. Are these editors still available in the new version/s. Is there particular plug in I need to use?

Thanks and regards,
Ranjan

Re: Class browser, instance browser and instance editor

Vladimir
Hi, don't know about Protégé 4.2, but we were missing the instance editor
from Protégé 3.5. So I created something similar, see
https://github.com/onor13/odase.protege.plugin.individualPropertiesContextualAssertions
for documentation. You can download it from protégé plugin repository.

Re: Class browser, instance browser and instance editor

bsc ranjan
Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I couldn't respond before this.

This plugin helps a lot and thanks for creating the same.

I just wish and think, it would also be really helpful if there was form editor associated with it to display, edit, add and delete instances for new users.

I also found out about celfie plugin which allows us to content from excel sheets. This is helpful but not the same as form editor.

Thanks and regards,
Ranjan

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 3:18 am Vladimir, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, don't know about Protégé 4.2, but we were missing the instance editor
from Protégé 3.5. So I created something similar, see
https://github.com/onor13/odase.protege.plugin.individualPropertiesContextualAssertions
for documentation. You can download it from protégé plugin repository.

Re: Class browser, instance browser and instance editor

sf433

Does anyone know if there has been any work to modify the instance editor’s behavior using SHACL?

I’ve been working with SHACL to define forms for an instance editor with a different tool [1], but this email thread reminded me that Protégé has instance editing.

This may be obvious to everyone on this list, but in all our work with creating an RDF editor, we’ve found the ontology will never provide enough semantics to create a useful RDF editor (and often we don’t want it to).

[1] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M_xhnG8qYL7M9akvIRSETfOgeSEfS9oh/view?usp=sharing