Class "synonym"

Andre Luiz Tietbohl Ramos
Hello,

I need to use a class "synonym" and wonder how to model it. I'm using -ontop- to acquire data from an SQL table and it works fine (great job -ontop- developers!). A given data set instance is acquired correctly in a class :Tool. Now, suppose I need to relate these data individuals wit a new class :ToolMfg as well with the least effort. In order to accomplish it, would it be to better to define :ToolMfg as a subclass of :Tool? In this case, how to search for individuals in the :ToolMfg class if the were acquired for its superclass :Tool class?

TIA,

--
Andre Luiz Tietbohl Ramos <[hidden email]>

Re: Class "synonym"

Josef Hardi
You can model it by using OWL EquivalentClassed and it works better to get the “synonym” meaning that you wanted.
If you use SubClassOf then it works only in one-way, i.e., if an individual has type ToolMfg then it also has type Tool,
but it is not always the vice-versa.

Best,
Josef