Collaboration menu missing in protege 3.3.1

Collaboration menu missing in protege 3.3.1

Kulvatunyou, Boonserm n.

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed Protégé 3.3.1 for windows and the Collaboration menu is missing. You can see the screen shot below (in case the mailing can display it). I have also tried v3.3 and it has the same problem. I also tried installing with both the JVM bundle download and No JVM download. They have the same problem. Also tried on different machines and encountered the same issue.

Anybody know a solution or run into the same issue? I also noticed that the installation directory also has some files missing like the run_protege_server.bat.

Note: I want to use the 3.3.x version b/c PROMPT does not work with 3.4.x.

Thank you very much.

Serm Kulvatunyou, Ph.D.

Researcher, Systems Integration Division

Tel: 301-975-3720   Email: [hidden email]

Re: Collaboration menu missing in protege 3.3.1

Jonathan Carter-8
<base href="x-msg://94/">The collaboration menu is not available in version 3.3.1 but the functionality is there - I've used several years ago.
If I remember correctly, you need to turn on Collaborative Protege in the Project properties or similar menu item. When you do this the Collaborative Protege tab appears and most of the collaboration capabilities are available. Take care with the change tracking as in 3.3.1, the Changes Ontology ChAO can only be stored using a file-based project, which means that it is loaded into memory as you work. The changes ontology can get very large very quickly if you have a lot of edits going on and we found that we needed to clear it down frequently.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jonathan
_______________________________________

Jonathan Carter
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd
_______________________________________

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project
www.enterprise-architecture.org
_______________________________________

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd, Registered in England and Wales: 04097721.
Registered Office: 76 High Street, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16 8AQ.

On 1 Dec 2011, at 18:41, Kulvatunyou, Boonserm n. wrote:

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed Protégé 3.3.1 for windows and the Collaboration menu is missing. You can see the screen shot below (in case the mailing can display it). I have also tried v3.3 and it has the same problem. I also tried installing with both the JVM bundle download and No JVM download. They have the same problem. Also tried on different machines and encountered the same issue.

Anybody know a solution or run into the same issue? I also noticed that the installation directory also has some files missing like the run_protege_server.bat.

Note: I want to use the 3.3.x version b/c PROMPT does not work with 3.4.x.

Thank you very much.

Re: Collaboration menu missing in protege 3.3.1

Timothy Redmond

Note: I want to use the 3.3.x version b/c PROMPT does not work with 3.4.x.

I am a bit surprised by this statement.  It is true, when I run PROMPT I am usually running PROMPT diff.  But as far as I know PROMPT runs fine in Protege 3.4.x and in fact should be more stable than the 3.3.x versions.

-Timothy

On 12/01/2011 10:41 AM, Kulvatunyou, Boonserm n. wrote:

[...]

Hi Tim,

I tried the Merge function. What I encountered is the Suggestion list does not get updated (a bunch of exceptions are thrown).

serm

OWL, Code and Project tab missing in PROTEGE 4.2 alpha

Mariana Damova

Hi:

I have been trying to find out how to make queries in PROTÉGÉ 4.2 alpha. The documentation on the web shows examples with a SPARQL “endpoint” and the instructions lead to a menu OWL->SPARQL query window.

This menu is missing from the version I just downloaded. I tried to find this menu in other earlier versions, but it is simply not there.

Please help me find these menu options and incorporate them in my PROTÉGÉ editor.

Thanks in advance.

Mariana Damova

Re: OWL, Code and Project tab missing in PROTEGE 4.2 alpha

Hi Mariana,

This functionality is in Protege 3.x and not in Protege 4.

On 2 Oct 2011, at 14:42, Mariana Damova wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I have been trying to find out how to make queries in PROTÉGÉ 4.2 alpha. The documentation on the web shows examples with a SPARQL “endpoint” and the instructions lead to a menu OWL->SPARQL query window.
>
> This menu is missing from the version I just downloaded. I tried to find this menu in other earlier versions, but it is simply not there.
>
> Please help me find these menu options and incorporate them in my PROTÉGÉ editor.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mariana Damova

Re: OWL, Code and Project tab missing in PROTEGE 4.2 alpha

Mariana Damova
Hi Mathiew:
Thanks for your answer. I tried PROTÉGÉ 3.4.7, and there is no OWL menu in it either.
Which version to take?
What is the way to query in PROTÉGÉ 4.2 alpha?
Best regards,
Mariana

This functionality is in Protege 3.x and not in Protege 4.

On 2 Oct 2011, at 14:42, Mariana Damova wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I have been trying to find out how to make queries in PROTÉGÉ 4.2 alpha. The documentation on the web shows examples with a SPARQL “endpoint” and the instructions lead to a menu OWL->SPARQL query window.
>
> This menu is missing from the version I just downloaded. I tried to find this menu in other earlier versions, but it is simply not there.
>
> Please help me find these menu options and incorporate them in my PROTÉGÉ editor.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mariana Damova

Re: OWL, Code and Project tab missing in PROTEGE 4.2 alpha

Matthew Horridge
Hi Mariana,

I've just looked at Protege 3.4.7 and it's actually on the Reasoner tab and not the OWL menu.

On 2 Dec 2011, at 14:53, Mariana Damova wrote:

> Hi Mathiew:
> Thanks for your answer. I tried PROTÉGÉ 3.4.7, and there is no OWL menu in it either.
> Which version to take?
> What is the way to query in PROTÉGÉ 4.2 alpha?
> Best regards,
> Mariana

Well, Matthew:

There is no reasonar tab on the version of Protégé 3.4.7 I downloaded from your website ...

Best,

Mariana

I've just looked at Protege 3.4.7 and it's actually on the Reasoner tab and not the OWL menu.

On 2 Dec 2011, at 14:53, Mariana Damova wrote:

> Hi Mathiew:
> Thanks for your answer. I tried PROTÉGÉ 3.4.7, and there is no OWL menu in it either.
> Which version to take?
> What is the way to query in PROTÉGÉ 4.2 alpha?
> Best regards,
> Mariana

Ooops sorry..... I meant menu! :)  (Not sure why I typed tab!).