Copying a subset of ontology axioms

Jeren M. Browning

Hello,

I am trying to determine if there is an existing way through some native Protégé feature, plugin, or web application to copy a subset of axioms (based on some property like a specific annotation) to a new ontology. For example, I tried applying an annotation across the desired classes and using the Move Axioms by Reference feature. However, this identifies all the places where the annotation was used but does not grab the correlated axioms such as the classes themselves and the associated annotations/properties.

I have searched through the available plugins listed here https://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_Plugin_Library as well as various online tools such as Ontofox, but have been unsuccessful in finding something that meets my needs.

Thank you

Jeren

Re: Copying a subset of ontology axioms

Balhoff, James Patrick
You could try the ROBOT ‘filter’ or ‘extract’ commands:

http://robot.obolibrary.org/filter

There is an example on that page for "Copy a subset of classes based on an annotation property”.

Best regards,
Jim