Creating Webapps with webprotege

ThomasBJones2
I want to integrate webprotege with a django app and I'm wondering how I would even begin going about that. I know that there is a java api however I don't know where there are any tutorials showing how to hook up an external java program to the api to manipulate webprotege created ontologies and then hook that program into django (for the django part I figure something like jython will work, its really getting webprotege to communicate with my own java app that I'm not quite sure how to do). Thanks!

Re: Creating Webapps with webprotege

Hi Thomas,

Sorry, but I’m really not sure how you’d go about doing this.  WebProtege runs as a Tomcat web app.  I guess some core modifications to WebProtege would be necessary to expose the functionality that you want and to allow an external process to communicate with the server side of WebProtege.  I don’t see this as being an easy task - in its current form WebProtege is heavily married with GWT so it’s not particularly easy to make server calls without using GWT calls.

Sorry I can’t give you a more helpful answer to your questions.