Creating multiple individuals

Michael DeBellis-2
I was just wondering is there anything equivalent to the Tools>Create class hierarchy or Tools>Create object property hierarchy.

I.e., where I can click on a class get a window and rather than creating one individual at a time create several separated by a line break? Of course no concept of a hierarchy here. E.g., click on Person and enter:

Joe
Mary
Steve
Sarah

to create 4 new Individuals who are instances of Person rather than creating them one at a time using the Add individual icon?

Re: Creating multiple individuals

Ghislain ATEMEZING
Hi Michael,
I suspect Cellfie can help you achieve your use case.
Basically you add all your instances in an excel file and a basic rule à la Cellfie to do the magic.

#My2cents
Ghislain

Sent from my iPhone, may include typos

> Le 29 nov. 2018 à 17:59, Michael DeBellis <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> I was just wondering is there anything equivalent to the Tools>Create class hierarchy or Tools>Create object property hierarchy.
>
> I.e., where I can click on a class get a window and rather than creating one individual at a time create several separated by a line break? Of course no concept of a hierarchy here. E.g., click on Person and enter:
>
> Joe
> Mary
> Steve
> Sarah
>
> to create 4 new Individuals who are instances of Person rather than creating them one at a time using the Add individual icon?
>
> Michael

Re: Creating multiple individuals

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Michael,

I am afraid Ghislain is right, and Protege does not offer a direct way of creating multiple instances of a class in one operation or through a wizard.

But the Cellfie solution is not bad at all. If you enumerate your individuals, let's say, in column A of a Excel spreadsheet, you could import it with Cellfie (Tools -> Create axioms from Excel workbook...) by running the following simple rule over all rows in column A:

    Individual: @A* Types: Person

You could even encode the name of the class in a different column of the spreadsheet, and create multiple individuals for a number of classes with a single import operation.

Csongor