DIG reasoner connection

Doug Eddy

I have the Reasoner log window stating: Could not obtain DIG reasoned identity:   Reasoner error:  Connection refused:  Connect message appears whenever I try to access any feature that uses the DIG reasoner.  What can cause that?  Using Protégé v 3.4.4

Doug Eddy

413 732-6341

Re: DIG reasoner connection

Thomas Russ

On Mar 11, 2011, at 6:08 PM, Doug Eddy wrote:

> I have the Reasoner log window stating: Could not obtain DIG reasoned identity:   Reasoner error:  Connection refused:  Connect message appears whenever I try to access any feature that uses the DIG reasoner.  What can cause that?  Using Protégé v 3.4.4

I would recommend that you NOT use the DIG interface to the reasoners.
You should use the direct connection instead.

This is supported in v 3.4.4 and
  (a) Works better
  (b) Doesn't lose information the way DIG does.  (DIG doesn't support all of the OWL constructs).