Data Property Characteristics in WebProtege

Data Property Characteristics in WebProtege

ray12
Hi everyone, is there a way to set Data Property Characteristics (Functional, Inverse functional, Transitive, Symmetric) in WebProtege? Best, Ray

Re: Data Property Characteristics in WebProtege

Hi Ray,

Functional data property characteristics are supported, in accordance with the OWL spec.  To specify that a property is functional, you select the data property (properties tab, data properties - see below).  Then, in the editor, in the middle of the tab, make sure that “Functional” is checked.

On Sep 30, 2019, at 09:51, ray12 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi everyone, is there a way to set Data Property Characteristics (Functional, Inverse functional, Transitive, Symmetric) in WebProtege? Best, Ray

Re: Data Property Characteristics in WebProtege

ray12
Hi Matthew & Michael,

...my mistake...actually I was talking about the object properties.

In the Tab for data properties I do have the checkbox for "functional":

<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t377135/protege2.png>

However I can't find a way to set the characteristics in the object
properties tab (neither in any other tab/window):

<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t377135/protege1.png>

Re: Data Property Characteristics in WebProtege

Michael DeBellis-2
Ray, Thanks for clarifying. If you look at the far right on the top of Web Protege (the same row where you see things like Classes, Properties, Individuals,...)  there should be an option that says "Add tab". If you select that it will give you a menu of tabs to add and one of them is "OWL Properties". IMO, the name is a little confusing because there already is a Properties tab. But if you select "OWL Properties" from the "Add tab" menu you should see a new tab that will show up just to the right of the standard Properties tab. Then when you select a property from the standard Property Hierarchy tab the new OWL Properties tab will show you things like transitive, inverse, etc. that are defined for the property.

I've included a screen snapshot below. I've selected a property (just called "causes") from one of my ontologies as an example, you can see it's Transitive and is the InverseOf the property "causedBy". However, I couldn't figure out how to edit this. I use the desktop version for almost everything I do so I'm not as familiar with Web Protege. I'm not sure if this is editable or if it just shows characteristics that were defined in the Desktop version (as is the case with this ontology).

WebProtegeProps.PNG