DataCenter ontology and ITIL.

12

Re: [protege-discussion] Statecharts and sequence diagrams in Protégé

siva prakasam
> hai friends,

iam new to the protege tool can any one send me some useful tutorials so
that i can start working on it to create ontologies..
iam in need of creating ontology for supply chain management domain for my
research.. if any one can pls send me related documents or ontology for the
same domain...

thank you

regards
sivaprakasam

Antwort: Re: Statecharts and sequence diagrams in Protégé

daniel.goergen
[hidden email] schrieb am 19.08.2006 03:01:18:

> Daniel,
>
> Daniel Goergen wrote:
>
> >I´d like to know if anybody has some experience or ideas how to
> represent Statecharts and sequence diagrams in Protégé.
> >

> You might try working your way through the graph widget tutorial that is

> posted on our Web site.  Some users have found it to be a useful slot
> widget for representing sequential processes:
>
> http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/tutorial/graph_widget/

thanks a lot, that worked quite well! The graph widgets are nice to use
In my charts I need relations that have the same :FROM and :TO slot (a
transition where source and end are one and the same node)
You can´t draw that in the the graph widget, but you can draw a normal
relation then change the :TO slot by hand.
The problem is that this change will only affect the display if you force
the window to redraw (eg. by changing instance-form or the tab).
That works so far but you´ll get problems with the display when you have
long labels or more than one relation of that type on the same node.
That corresponds with the problem that you can´t set the docking point for
a relation on a node. Sometimes that seems to work, when using the
additional segements, but when the window redraws its all the same.

I am highly interested in any solutions, maybe I can write some code
myself to fix that problem.

I also found some other bugs (mainly concerning label display) if you´re
interested announce me.

Re: Statecharts and sequence diagrams in Protégé

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Hello Daniel,

Daniel Goergen wrote:
> thanks a lot, that worked quite well! The graph widgets are nice to use In my charts I need relations that have the same :FROM and :TO slot (a transition where source and end are one and the same node) You can´t draw that in the the graph widget, but you can draw a normal
> relation then change the :TO slot by hand. The problem is that this change will only affect the display if you force
> the window to redraw (eg. by changing instance-form or the tab). That works so far but you´ll get problems with the display when you have
> long labels or more than one relation of that type on the same node. That corresponds with the problem that you can´t set the docking point for a relation on a node. Sometimes that seems to work, when using the additional segements, but when the window redraws its all the same.
>
> I am highly interested in any solutions, maybe I can write some code myself to fix that problem.

We used a third-party drawing library when we developed the graph widget
called JGo: http://www.nwoods.com/go/jgo.htm.  I believe if you want to
do any low-level programming involving the graphics code, you will need
to buy a license for this library.
> I also found some other bugs (mainly concerning label display) if you´re interested announce me.

Yes, this is the right place to report bugs.  I will enter them into our
Bugzilla database.

Jennifer

bugs

daniel.goergen
> Yes, this is the right place to report bugs.  I will enter them into our

> Bugzilla database.

When deleting mutiple instances of different classes in the instance tab
with option "show subclass instances" Protégé shows  the deleted instances
as <deleted frame>. If you don´t restart this leads to a crash.

If your display slot for a class is an instance slot x and you use this
class as a node in the graph widget the node label isn´t displayed if you
create a new instance to populate x. Only works if you change the tab and
back.

greets

daniel
12