Debuging Project Plugin

Khalid Latif

Hi list,

I am trying to build a project plugin. The example
"MenuItemInserter" plugin works fine if deployed as jar in the
plugin directory of Protege. The problem is when I try to debug
the plugin by starting it thru *main* method (as suggested in
plugin doc) the menu item is never displayed. Actually the
*afterShow* method is never called by Protege.

My Protege version is 3.2 (beta) and my devlopment env. is
Eclipse (3.1.2) and have added all jar files from Protege
directory and Protege/plugins/edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl
directory. Protege can load OWL plugin but not MenuItemInserter
plugin.

What maybe wrong? Do I have to put manifest file somewhere even
for debuging?

Khalid

Re: Debuging Project Plugin

sridevi polavaram
Hello All,
 I am reposting this message as I didn't get the response yet. Please let me
know if anybody has  used this...
 I am trying my hands on creating a simple ontology model using protege
frames. I am trying to use the ontoviz widget. I have installed Graphviz 2.8,
following the instructions, i have tried to make necessary changes in the
protege.properties file but those changes are already there in this file. I
am working on the Protege 3.1.1 version.
But when i try to creat a graph in the ontoviz tab it gives me the following
error message:

java.io.IOException : CreateProcess: dot  "C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.1\neuron.do
t-input" -o "C:\Program Files\Protege_3.1\neuron.dot" error=2
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl .<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec (Unknown Source)
        at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.ExportDot.dot(Unknown Source)
        at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.ExportDot.dot(Unknown Source)
        at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.OntovizTab$9.actionPerformed (Unknown
Source)

        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed (Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Sour
ce)

So are my protege and graphviz versions mismatching!!
if so, which version of Graphviz version should i use? please give me the
links.

I greatly appreciate your support
-Thanks
Sridevi

On 7/10/06, Khalid Latif <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I am trying to build a project plugin. The example
> "MenuItemInserter" plugin works fine if deployed as jar in the
> plugin directory of Protege. The problem is when I try to debug
> the plugin by starting it thru *main* method (as suggested in
> plugin doc) the menu item is never displayed. Actually the
> *afterShow* method is never called by Protege.
>
> My Protege version is 3.2 (beta) and my devlopment env. is
> Eclipse (3.1.2) and have added all jar files from Protege
> directory and Protege/plugins/edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl
> directory. Protege can load OWL plugin but not MenuItemInserter
> plugin.
>
> What maybe wrong? Do I have to put manifest file somewhere even
> for debuging?
>
> Khalid

Re: Debuging Project Plugin

Thomas Russ

On Jul 10, 2006, at 7:09 AM, sridevi polavaram wrote:

> Hello All,
>  I am reposting this message as I didn't get the response yet.
> Please let me
> know if anybody has  used this...
>  I am trying my hands on creating a simple ontology model using
> protege
> frames. I am trying to use the ontoviz widget. I have installed
> Graphviz 2.8,
> following the instructions, i have tried to make necessary changes
> in the
> protege.properties file but those changes are already there in this
> file.

Which protege.properties file already has the changes?
The one in your top-level Protege directory
or the one in the plugins/dfki.protege.ontoviz/ directory?
The changes need to be in the top-level properties file.  The properties
file in the dfki.protege.ontoviz directory is just a sample.

> am working on the Protege 3.1.1 version.
> But when i try to creat a graph in the ontoviz tab it gives me the
> following
> error message:
>
> java.io.IOException : CreateProcess: dot  "C:\Program
> Files\Protege_3.1\neuron.do
> t-input" -o "C:\Program Files\Protege_3.1\neuron.dot" error=2

Can you try running just this from the command line?
The real key is whether the system can actually find the "dot" program
to run.  I'm guessing that this is the problem you are having.

I would start by getting this to work from your command prompt
and once that is working, trying to debug the process creation
from inside Protege.