Declaration annotations

Steve Wartik

Suppose Protégé reads an OWL file in functional syntax that contains:

Declaration(Annotation(rdfs:comment "declaration comment"@en) Class(o:Color))

Does the annotation appear in one of Protégé’s views? If so I can’t find which one.

Thanks,

Steve Wartik

Re: Declaration annotations

Steve Wartik

Matthew,

Thanks – I was afraid of that. It also appears that Protégé doesn’t display, or allow creation of, annotations to annotations. Perhaps I will find spare time (ho! ho! ho!) to write a plugin.

Regards,

Steve Wartik

Unfortunately, there's actually no way to view declarations and thus no way to see their annotations.  This is rather unfortunate.  For other axioms see the @ symbol on the relevant line which will be coloured yellow/orange if the axiom is annotated (see screenshot below).

Re: Declaration annotations

Hi Steve,

Sadly this is also true.  I'd also like to find the time to fix this.... as well as some other annoying things.  Annotations should perhaps be shown like (collapsable) threaded discussions.

On 25 Jun 2013, at 21:25, Wartik, Steven P Steve wrote:

> Matthew,
>
> Thanks – I was afraid of that. It also appears that Protégé doesn’t display, or allow creation of, annotations to annotations. Perhaps I will find spare time (ho! ho! ho!) to write a plugin.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve Wartik

Christian Bölling
2013/6/25 Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]>
 Annotations should perhaps be shown like (collapsable) threaded discussions.

This would be a great feature!

- Christian