Default language

Massimo Coletti
Hi,

I often develop ontologies with labels in "it" language.

I would find very useful to set in the preferences my "default" locale
(or at project level). This can be used:

- as a default in the "label" widget;
- as a default when I select a slot to display in the list of instances,
and I select "rdf:label", in this case the list can be built from labels
inf the "preferences" languages or - as a fallback - with blank or en
language.

(it would also be nice in OWL Doc....)

Cheers,

Massimo

Re: Default language

Olivier Dameron
On Tue, 09 May 2006 13:16:24 +0200, Massimo Coletti
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I often develop ontologies with labels in "it" language.
>
> I would find very useful to set in the preferences my "default"
> locale (or at project level). This can be used:

Indeed, it would be nice if it could be stored in the user's preferences.

I think what you are looking for is already supported at the project level:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HidingIdentifiersWithLabelsInOWLPlugin

Cheers,
Olivier

Re: Default language

Massimo Coletti
Olivier Dameron ha scritto:

> On Tue, 09 May 2006 13:16:24 +0200, Massimo Coletti
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I often develop ontologies with labels in "it" language.
>>
>> I would find very useful to set in the preferences my "default"
>> locale (or at project level). This can be used:
>>

> Indeed, it would be nice if it could be stored in the user's preferences.
>
> I think what you are looking for is already supported at the project level:
> http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HidingIdentifiersWithLabelsInOWLPlugin
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier

Great!

Thanks,

Massimo

Re: Default language

Nick Drummond
There are probably a few things that should be configurable at the
user level as opposed to the project level (defaults I suppose).

I'll make sure its on the list [1]

Nick

[1] http://www.co-ode.org/mantis/view.php?id=371