Document parsing tools

Rob M
Now that I have an ontology configured, how do I use this to tag my documents?  In other words, does Protege process documents too, or is it strictly an ontology editor.  Are there open source apps that perform this task?

Re: Document parsing tools

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Protege is an ontology editor. It does not provide text annotation service. However, I wouldn't be surprised at all, if there would be some 3rd party Protege plug-ins out there that would do this.

In fact, I just googled for "protege plugin text annotation" (without the quotes) and the first hit looks very promising:
    https://github.com/tuh8888/Knowtator-2.0
It may be exactly what you are looking for.

Also, if your ontology is biomedical, you can upload it to BioPortal [1], which provides a very nice annotation service [2] (also available through REST API)

Csongor

[1] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/
[2] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/annotator