Does protege support Node.js

mrkhan
I am working on a Final year project which is Domain Specific Search Engine
using Web Semantics and Ontology. After doing some research, I found
Protege, which is a tool for creating ontology class and implementing SPARQL
queries.

I have decided to use Node.js as my back-end language for this project and
have looked upon how to connect protege with Node.js but haven't come up
with any successful result.

Kindly let me know whether it supports Node.js or not and what other
languages it does support. If it does support, how do we connect it with
Protege?

Thanks in Advance!

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Does protege support Node.js

Lorenz Buehmann
What means support? Protege is a graphical ontology editor written in
Java. The underlying APIs are indeed also written in Java, in particular
the OWL API for the ontology CRUD operations and, as you mentioned
SPARQL querying,  Sesame API.

NodeJs is obviously Javascript, thus, not sure what you want to do here.

> I am working on a Final year project which is Domain Specific Search Engine
> using Web Semantics and Ontology. After doing some research, I found
> Protege, which is a tool for creating ontology class and implementing SPARQL
> queries.
>
> I have decided to use Node.js as my back-end language for this project and
> have looked upon how to connect protege with Node.js but haven't come up
> with any successful result.
>
> Kindly let me know whether it supports Node.js or not and what other
> languages it does support. If it does support, how do we connect it with
> Protege?
>
> Thanks in Advance!
>

> --
> Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig
Group: http://aksw.org - semantic web research center

Re: Does protege support Node.js

ricardoMT

Hi mrkhan, I would suggest to use Apache Jena  (API java based) to interact with protégé. It works very well for me.

Regards
Ricardo Taques

Em dom, 16 de set de 2018 às 12:39, mrkhan <[hidden email]> escreveu:
I am working on a Final year project which is Domain Specific Search Engine
using Web Semantics and Ontology. After doing some research, I found
Protege, which is a tool for creating ontology class and implementing SPARQL
queries.

I have decided to use Node.js as my back-end language for this project and
have looked upon how to connect protege with Node.js but haven't come up
with any successful result.

Kindly let me know whether it supports Node.js or not and what other
languages it does support. If it does support, how do we connect it with
Protege?

Thanks in Advance!

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Does protege support Node.js

mrkhan
This post was updated on .
i want to know if can use nodejs as a backend for my application with
protege.!

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Does protege support Node.js

mrkhan
i am creating a search engine so i have to make a web crawler. So i want to
know which programming language i can use to connect the data from the web
crawler with the ontologies defined in protege.

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Does protege support Node.js

Jim Balhoff-3
For OWL, I would recommend using a JVM language (Java, Scala, Clojure, Kotlin...), since that will allow you to use OWL API (the backend which Protege uses) or Jena (a more RDF-focused API).

> On Sep 16, 2018, at 1:41 PM, mrkhan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> i am creating a search engine so i have to make a web crawler. So i want to
> know which programming language i can use to connect the data from the web
> crawler with the ontologies defined in protege.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Does protege support Node.js

mrkhan
thanks Jim Balhoff-3. One more thing, I have to upload it to the server which
hosting server to use for java?

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Does protege support Node.js

Jim Balhoff-3
It’s getting kind of off-topic for a Protégé list, but this isn’t anything specific to OWL. You can use any sort of REST API framework, like Jersey. It would be up to your application what your services do with your ontology.

Best regards,
Jim

> On Sep 16, 2018, at 2:04 PM, mrkhan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> thanks Jim Balhoff-3. One more thing, I have to upload it to the server which
> hosting server to use for java?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Does protege support Node.js

Now, you're asking you to use just the data, i.e. the OWL ontologies created with Protege which in fact is a different question than asking how to "connect" to Protege via nodejs, isn't it?

What you're asking for is more like APIs for NodeJs that provide support for OWL and SPARQL.

And one more time, Protege is written in Java, most (if not all) of it's underlying APIs are written in Java. That's all to say about Protege.

OWL API is used for OWL processing. -> Java
Sesame (nowadays called RDF4J) is used for SPARQL. -> Java

If you want to use those, Java, Kotlin, Scala, etc. are the way to go.

i am creating a search engine so i have to make a web crawler. So i want to
know which programming language i can use to connect the data from the web
crawler with the ontologies defined in protege.

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig

Re: Does protege support Node.js

Ghislain ATEMEZING
Hello,
FYI you can also look at RDFJS Library at https://github.com/rdfjs

HTH
Ghislain

Le lun. 17 sept. 2018 à 09:32, Lorenz B. <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" (W. Shakespeare)