Quantcast

Download ontologies

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Download ontologies

Annø We
I used to be able (until ~2 weeks ago) to download the latest owl file given a $projectID as such:

wget -O tmp.zip http://webprotege.stanford.edu/download?ontology=$projectID

This is no longer working. Instead I get "ERROR 400: Bad Request."

Replacing 'ontology=' with 'project=', I get "ERROR 403: Forbidden."

I used it in a script to cross-check our ontology with some other data that uses the ontology.

So, if I'm logged in to the website, I can manually download http://webprotege.stanford.edu/download?project=$projectID from which I can extract a directory ${ontologyName}-ontologies-owl-REVISION-HEAD ; however this is NOT in fact the latest version!
Likewise, if I log in and look at the overview page http://webprotege.stanford.edu/#projects/list and Download directly from there, I get the same out-dated HEAD.
I actually have to get into http://webprotege.stanford.edu/#projects/$projectID/edit/History to be able to download the latest revision.


So, there are 2 problems:
1) Why do you forbid to extract the ontologies without an active log-in or could you at least make them somehow available from command-line when providing user name & password?
2) Why does HEAD not actually point to the HEAD?

Any pointers appreciated!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Download ontologies

Matthew Horridge-2
Administrator
Hi Annø,

We recently upgraded WebProtege and this entailed significant changes to the front and back end.  As part of this, the access control mechanism changed and you’ll now get a 403 error if you try to download an ontology without being authenticated.  We have plans to implement an “allow anyone to download this project” setting, but for for now, you need to be logged in (via the UI).

It sounds like there is a bug with the project list and the download menu item (your point 2).  I’ll look into this asap.

Cheers,

Matthew


> On 2 May 2017, at 06:42, Annø We <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I used to be able (until ~2 weeks ago) to download the latest owl file given
> a $projectID as such:
>
> wget -O tmp.zip http://webprotege.stanford.edu/download?ontology=$projectID
>
> This is no longer working. Instead I get "ERROR 400: Bad Request."
>
> Replacing 'ontology=' with 'project=', I get "ERROR 403: Forbidden."
>
> I used it in a script to cross-check our ontology with some other data that
> uses the ontology.
>
> So, if I'm logged in to the website, I can manually download
> http://webprotege.stanford.edu/download?project=$projectID from which I can
> extract a directory ${ontologyName}-ontologies-owl-REVISION-HEAD ; however
> this is NOT in fact the latest version!
> Likewise, if I log in and look at the overview page
> http://webprotege.stanford.edu/#projects/list and Download directly from
> there, I get the same out-dated HEAD.
> I actually have to get into
> http://webprotege.stanford.edu/#projects/$projectID/edit/History to be able
> to download the latest revision.
>
>
> So, there are 2 problems:
> 1) Why do you forbid to extract the ontologies without an active log-in or
> could you at least make them somehow available from command-line when
> providing user name & password?
> 2) Why does HEAD not actually point to the HEAD?
>
> Any pointers appreciated!
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Download-ontologies-tp4668353.html
> Sent from the Protege User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> protege-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user

_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Download ontologies

Matthew Horridge-2
Administrator
Just a quick follow up to this….

The download problem that’s reported below for head revisions has been fixed.  I’ve just updated webprotege.stanford.edu with the fix in the last 10 mins.

Cheers,

Matthew


On 8 May 2017, at 16:09, Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Annø,

We recently upgraded WebProtege and this entailed significant changes to the front and back end.  As part of this, the access control mechanism changed and you’ll now get a 403 error if you try to download an ontology without being authenticated.  We have plans to implement an “allow anyone to download this project” setting, but for for now, you need to be logged in (via the UI).

It sounds like there is a bug with the project list and the download menu item (your point 2).  I’ll look into this asap.

Cheers,

Matthew


On 2 May 2017, at 06:42, Annø We <[hidden email]> wrote:

I used to be able (until ~2 weeks ago) to download the latest owl file given
a $projectID as such:

wget -O tmp.zip http://webprotege.stanford.edu/download?ontology=$projectID

This is no longer working. Instead I get "ERROR 400: Bad Request."

Replacing 'ontology=' with 'project=', I get "ERROR 403: Forbidden."

I used it in a script to cross-check our ontology with some other data that
uses the ontology.

So, if I'm logged in to the website, I can manually download
http://webprotege.stanford.edu/download?project=$projectID from which I can
extract a directory ${ontologyName}-ontologies-owl-REVISION-HEAD ; however
this is NOT in fact the latest version!
Likewise, if I log in and look at the overview page
http://webprotege.stanford.edu/#projects/list and Download directly from
there, I get the same out-dated HEAD.
I actually have to get into
http://webprotege.stanford.edu/#projects/$projectID/edit/History to be able
to download the latest revision.


So, there are 2 problems:
1) Why do you forbid to extract the ontologies without an active log-in or
could you at least make them somehow available from command-line when
providing user name & password?
2) Why does HEAD not actually point to the HEAD?

Any pointers appreciated!



--
View this message in context: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Download-ontologies-tp4668353.html
Sent from the Protege User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user

_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user


_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Download ontologies

Annø We
Thanks for fixing this (the part of head revision not actually referring the latest)!

Also thanks for letting me know that you have plans to implement an “allow anyone to download this project” setting.
I knew that it stopped working because of the changed access control mechanism and required login to the UI. I was just hoping there was an easy work-around...

Cheers,
Anne
Loading...