Duplicate facts of Object Property after reasoning

Duplicate facts of Object Property after reasoning

claire qiu
Dear friends,

I have a class as Person a object property as hasSex

Class: Person
SubClassOf: DomainEntity,(hasSex some Sex)
DisjointWith: Sex

ObjectProperty: hasSex
Characteristics: :  Functional
Domain:  Person
Range: Sex

And I asserted  an instance of Person as person1, an instance of Sex as sex1, and person1 hasSex sex1

But after running the Pellet reasoner, I got another fact which is exactly the same as what i asserted. I tried other reasoners, it gave the same result.
Inline image 1

Can anybody please tell me if this is a bug or a feature ?

Thanks in advance.

Claire

Re: Duplicate facts of Object Property after reasoning

claire qiu
Hi Matthew,

it is version 5.2.0.
Inline image 1

Cheers

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 12:32 AM, Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks.  I can’t reproduce this behaviour following the steps below.  Please could you post your ontology to the list?

On 5 Jun 2017, at 22:17, claire Qiu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Matthew,

it is version 5.2.0.
<image.png>

[...]

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
BTW, I could not reproduce this either in Protege 5.2.0.

My guess is that this is either due to some funky statements in the ontology (which we can confirm only if we can take a look at the ontology, so please share it with us), or there is some unexpected interactions between different versions of Protege installed on the user's machine.

Csongor

On 06/06/2017 09:47 AM, Matthew Horridge wrote:
[...]

Jos Lehmann-2

Hi there

I have been having the same duplication for a long time. I ‘ve always thought it as a feature (something like: A implies A). I am working with Protégé 5.1.0 (the downloaded user version)

I could send the ontology if needed.

Thanks, Jos

Re: Duplicate facts of Object Property after reasoning

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
My advise would be to download the latest Protege version (5.2.0) and try it with that. We fixed many things in this version, and I think the issue causing the duplication has been also fixed. If you can't install the latest version for some reason, please send us the ontology and we will take a look at it ourselves.

Csongor

On 06/14/2017 06:12 AM, Jos Lehmann wrote:

Hi there

I have been having the same duplication for a long time. I ‘ve always thought it as a feature (something like: A implies A). I am working with Protégé 5.1.0 (the downloaded user version)

I could send the ontology if needed.

Thanks, Jos

Re: Duplicate facts of Object Property after reasoning

Jos Lehmann-2
Hi Csongor,

today I have run Hermit 1.3.8.413 in Protege 5.2.0 and have gotten duplicate facts.

How should I send ontology? It is a folder with a few imports. Should I just zip it & email it to the list? Or to you?

Jos