Embedded Java in Protege

flmnh-helpdesk

Hello Protégé User List,

We recently installed Protégé on one of our Macintosh workstations. Shortly thereafter, the University of Florida’s Infosec team detected a vulnerable version of Java on the same host. It seems that Protégé includes an embedded Java 1.8.0_40. The current version (and the only approved version for University workstations) is 1.8.0_151.

Does anyone have any good advice on how we may run Protégé with the installed Java 1.8.0_151 instead of the embedded 1.8.0_40?  Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Cheers,

Andy Lievertz
Network Administrator

Florida Museum of Natural History

352.273.1912

Re: Embedded Java in Protege

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Andy,

You can install the platform independent version, which comes with no Java included, so that you can use your own Java installation.

You can find the download link to the platform independent version of Protege right under the Download button, on this page:
https://protege.stanford.edu/products.php#desktop-protege

Csongor

On 11/15/2017 12:40 PM, flmnh-helpdesk wrote:

Hello Protégé User List,

We recently installed Protégé on one of our Macintosh workstations. Shortly thereafter, the University of Florida’s Infosec team detected a vulnerable version of Java on the same host. It seems that Protégé includes an embedded Java 1.8.0_40. The current version (and the only approved version for University workstations) is 1.8.0_151.

Does anyone have any good advice on how we may run Protégé with the installed Java 1.8.0_151 instead of the embedded 1.8.0_40?  Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Cheers,

Andy Lievertz
Network Administrator

Florida Museum of Natural History

352.273.1912

Re: Embedded Java in Protege

flmnh-helpdesk

Hi Csongor,

Many thanks—this is the perfect solution!

Cheers,

Andy

Re: Embedded Java in Protege

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
You are very welcome. I am glad it works for you.

Csongor