Enabling Auto-Update (Protege 5+)

pielkelh
Hi,

I'd like to enable auto-update, and I tried following the steps here https://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/EnablePluginAutoUpdate.

My update.properties file looks like this:
id=edu.ucdenver.ccp.knowtator
version=2.1.5
download=https://github.com/UCDenver-ccp/Knowtator-2.0/releases/download/v2.1.5/knowtator-2.1.5.jar
name=Knowtator
author=Harrison Pielke-Lombardo

And in the maven-bundle-plugin instructions in my pom I have this line
which is emitting "Update-Url: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/UCDenver-ccp/Knowtator-2.0
 /development/update.properties" to the MANIFEST.MF in the built jar.

However, when I test to see if Protege checks for an update with the plugin installed, I don't see the update URL coming up in the log when it says it is searching for plugins and the update doesn't come up in the dialog. Any suggestions? Is this still the update mechanism for plugins not in the central repository? I would also like to get Knowtator into the central repository, but I don't see any other requirements anywhere besides to ask this forum.

Thanks,
Harrison

--
Harrison Pielke-Lombardo
Computational Bioinformatics PhD. Program