Error in Eclipse Trying to Add Plugin to Protege 4

Error in Eclipse Trying to Add Plugin to Protege 4

tmm1012
I am working on developing a plugin for Protege 4.0.2 (Mac), and am using Eclipse.  I followed the instructions here: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/CompileProtege4InEclipseFromSvn

When I reached Step 4 under "Configuring Eclipse", step 4a indicates that there would be a "Protege" option under the Debug dropdown icon.  The only menu item I had in the list was Protege.from.Build so I proceeded to Step 4b and built the components separately.  I was successful in adding my own basic plugin (it runs perfectly fine, shows up in the menus, and can be added to a view), but even before adding my own plugin, I get the following Errors in Eclipse:

The container 'Persisted container [org.eclipse.pde.core.requiredPlugins for project [org.coode.dlquery]]' references non existing library '/home/tredmond/dev/packages/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.registry_3.2.200.v20090429-1800/runtime_registry_compatibility.jar' org

This error is repeated 5 other times for each of the projects.  Clearly, I can see that there is something pointing to a different user's home directory (tredmond, which is not me), but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to change this.  I've tried playing around with each individual project's Java Build Path in the Properties, where I see further indications that the container cannot be found, but I cannot find a way to edit it.

As I mentioned, everything seems to run ok with a basic/trivial plugin, but I'd really like to clear this up and figure out how to fix the error.

Strings from a text file

Girish Joglekar
I have a functional datatype property with range String. Normally, I
would define the choice list of strings in the ontology. However, I want
the choice list to be loaded from a text file which I can easily edit
before starting Protege. Is there a way to accomplish this in Protege
3.4? In general, is there a hook in the Protege executable to invoke
functions after starting a Protege session but before opening up the GUI.

Thanks much.

Girish

Re: Strings from a text file

Martin O'Connor

This type of functionality would require custom coding. Protege is designed to work with OWL (and RDF and Frames)
ontologies only.

You could use a tool like MappingMaster [1] to import information into OWL from a CSV file, which may meet your needs.

Martin

[1] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MappingMaster

On 3/24/2011 6:59 AM, Girish Joglekar wrote:

> I have a functional datatype property with range String. Normally, I would define the choice list of strings in the
> ontology. However, I want the choice list to be loaded from a text file which I can easily edit before starting
> Protege. Is there a way to accomplish this in Protege 3.4? In general, is there a hook in the Protege executable to
> invoke functions after starting a Protege session but before opening up the GUI.
>
> Thanks much.
>
> Girish

Re: Strings from a text file

Thomas Russ

On Mar 24, 2011, at 6:59 AM, Girish Joglekar wrote:

>  However, I want the choice list to be loaded from a text file which
> I can easily edit before starting Protege. Is there a way to
> accomplish this in Protege 3.4? In general, is there a hook in the
> Protege executable to invoke functions after starting a Protege
> session but before opening up the GUI.

Maybe not exactly what you want, but there is always the project
plugin which may give you the results you want.
   http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/plugins/project_plugin.html