Quantcast

Errors in loading OWL ontology

Ling
Hi, I was trying to load an external OWL ontology into the new version of Protege, but received this error:

"org.semanticweb.owlapi.rdf.rdfxml.parser.RDFParserException: [line=202:column=3] Characters were not expected."

I checked the line "202", and it seems just normal:

<rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.summba.com/ontologies/recipe.owl#cookingTime"/>

Why does it complain the parser exception? I am attaching the entire file and the file contains Chinese text. I would greatly appreciate if you can help figure out what's the cause of the problem. Thank you.

Ling

summba_recipe_data_50w.owl.zip (3M) Download Attachment

Re: Errors in loading OWL ontology

Ghislain ATEMEZING
Hi Ling,
I've dowloaded and the parser [rapper] complaints as well. Many properties have multiple object node elements...
I've extracted a portion of your original ontology [lines 198 - 217] where there were 3 errors.
So, I suggest you to check the changes here [1] and see if you can follow the same patterns to fix your ontology.

HTH
Ghislain

El mié., 19 abr. 2017 a las 19:47, Ling (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi, I was trying to load an external OWL ontology into the new version of Protege, but received this error:

"org.semanticweb.owlapi.rdf.rdfxml.parser.RDFParserException: [line=202:column=3] Characters were not expected."

I checked the line "202", and it seems just normal:

<rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.summba.com/ontologies/recipe.owl#cookingTime"/>

Why does it complain the parser exception? I am attaching the entire file and the file contains Chinese text. I would greatly appreciate if you can help figure out what's the cause of the problem. Thank you.

Ling

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" (W. Shakespeare)
Web: http://atemezing.org

Re: Errors in loading OWL ontology

Lorenz B.
@Ling: I'm wondering how this documented was created. By hand?

[...]

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig

Re: Errors in loading OWL ontology

Lorenz B.
The whole ontology is strange:

<owl:Thing rdf:about="http://www.summba.com/ontologies/recipe.owl#蕨菜炒苦瓜">

   <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.summba.com/ontologies/recipe.owl#materialsName"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.summba.com/ontologies/recipe.owl#taste"/>
     <hasTaste rdf:resource="http://www.summba.com/ontologies/recipe.owl#苦"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.summba.com/ontologies/recipe.owl#cookingTime"/>
    <hasCookingTime rdf:resource="http://www.summba.com/ontologies/recipe.owl#3分钟"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.summba.com/ontologies/recipe.owl#hardLevel"/>

I mean, so many different types asserted to a single individual?! You should contact the authors or write your own ontology.

[...]

You can do a diff with the original file with the lines I mentioned in my previous mail. I don't have enough bandwidth to go in details... sorry

HTH
Ghislain

Sent from my iPhone, may include typos