Exporting ontology as XMI

Francois Mestre

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to export an ontology to XMI (or even better, UML)?

I have created an ontology with the latest version of Protégé (5.2). In the past, there used to be a plugin for XMI Backend to import/export from OWL to XMI. Unfortunately, the  latest compatible version of this plugin is Protégé 3.4.

Are there any option for later versions of Protégé?

If not, I could also install the Protégé 3.4 with the XMI Backend plugin (I have tried). However, Protégé 3.4 doesn´t seem capable of opening my owl file created with Protégé 5.2. Is there a way to convert my OWL2 file to OWL1.1 or have it somehow compatible with Protégé 3.4?

Help please!

Francois

N.B. the ontology I am trying to export is available at the following location

https://www.ciolaws.com/ontologies/eulr-cookies.owl

Re: Exporting ontology as XMI

Hi Francois,

Is it possible to export an ontology to XMI (or even better, UML)?

I have created an ontology with the latest version of Protégé (5.2). In the past, there used to be a plugin for XMI Backend to import/export from OWL to XMI. Unfortunately, the  latest compatible version of this plugin is Protégé 3.4.

Are there any option for later versions of Protégé?

If not, I could also install the Protégé 3.4 with the XMI Backend plugin (I have tried). However, Protégé 3.4 doesn´t seem capable of opening my owl file created with Protégé 5.2. Is there a way to convert my OWL2 file to OWL1.1 or have it somehow compatible with Protégé 3.4?

Protege 3.5 is able to open your ontology.  You should try using Protege 3.5 and try this plugin with 3.5 - hopefully it will work.