Extend existing view component

Lorenz Buehmann
Dear Protege developers,

I'm currently developing a plugin for Protege 5.x. Ideally, I could somehow extend the existing class hierarchy view by an additional action besides "add_sub", "add_sibling" and "delete". Is there any way to achieve this? So far, I created a new view component, but this is more or less unnecessarily complicated.
I tried to achieve this somehow by a plugin of type EditorKitHook, in which I scanned all existing plugins for the class hierarchy component. Unfortunately, at this time the view component itself has not been created yet, thus, it's impossible to add another action to it.

Kind regards,
Lorenz

--
Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig

Re: Extend existing view component

Hi Lorenz,

The very latest beta release supports context menu actions in the asserted class hierarchy.  You can plug these in as you might do for regular menu actions.  Here’s an example,

<extension id="context.edit.duplicate"
point="org.protege.editor.core.application.EditorKitMenuAction">
<name value="Duplicate class..."/>
<class value="org.protege.editor.owl.ui.action.DuplicateSelectedClassAction"/>
<toolTip value="Duplicates the current class. This copies the class, its superclasses and equivalent classes."/>
<path value="[AssertedClassHierarchy]/SlotC-F"/>
<editorKitId value="OWLEditorKit"/>
<accelerator value="shift C"/>
</extension>

Note that the root of the path must be [AssertedClassHierarchy] - the square brackets are important.

On 26 Mar 2016, at 08:05, Lorenz B. <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hello Matthew,

thank you, I'll give it a try and see whether it fit's the user requirements.

Kind regards,
Lorenz

[...]

Hi Matthew,

it perfectly works and it's a good way to integrate my plugin.

Just a comment:
I don't know whether it's a bug, but some actions of the context menu of the class hierarchy disappear once you change the entity rendering in the menu.

Kind regards,
Lorenz

[...]

I opened an issue on Github [1]. Much more efficient for development I think.

[1] https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/issues/383