External

Surya Dhullipalla
Hi

When will a class be defined as External in protege? I created a new class called DrugDrugInteraction and linked it to Drug Class in the existing ontology model.
I don't see DrugDrugInteraction class that I created having the text (external) as I see in the Drug class. Also its color is different. Having a different color and absence of phrase 'external ', does it mean anything significant?

Thanks
Surya Dhullipalla Ph.D
Health Care Data Architect
IBM Watson Health

Re: External

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
This may be a "feature" of the visualization plug-in (i.e. not Protege itself). What visualization plug-in are you using?

Csongor

On 10/26/18 7:35 AM, Surya Dhullipalla wrote:
Hi

When will a class be defined as External in protege? I created a new class called DrugDrugInteraction and linked it to Drug Class in the existing ontology model.
I don't see DrugDrugInteraction class that I created having the text (external) as I see in the Drug class. Also its color is different. Having a different color and absence of phrase 'external ', does it mean anything significant?

Thanks
Surya Dhullipalla Ph.D
Health Care Data Architect
IBM Watson Health

Re: External

Michael DeBellis-2
I think this is Web VOWL. According to their documentation: http://vowl.visualdataweb.org/v2/. External means: “Classes and properties from other ontologies that are linked in the ontology being visualized.”

Michael

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 27, 2018, at 1:58 AM, Csongor Nyulas <[hidden email]> wrote:

This may be a "feature" of the visualization plug-in (i.e. not Protege itself). What visualization plug-in are you using?

Csongor

On 10/26/18 7:35 AM, Surya Dhullipalla wrote:
Hi

When will a class be defined as External in protege? I created a new class called DrugDrugInteraction and linked it to Drug Class in the existing ontology model.
I don't see DrugDrugInteraction class that I created having the text (external) as I see in the Drug class. Also its color is different. Having a different color and absence of phrase 'external ', does it mean anything significant?

<image.939529682922.png><image.546818872095.png>

Thanks
Surya Dhullipalla Ph.D
Health Care Data Architect
IBM Watson Health