FaCT++ UTFDataFormatException

SASAKI Takashi
Hi, all.
I have a trouble with IRI vocabularies
when reasoning with FaCT++ .

I use FaCT++ 1.1.3 as a reasoner.
http://owl.man.ac.uk/factplusplus/
What I use is prebuilt binary for Windows.

When I use the pizza ontology as an example,
everything seems to work well.
http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/ReasonerAPIExamples.html
http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza/pizza_20041007.owl

But when I use non-ascii characters (Japanese)
for class names (see NonAscii.png), FaCT++ console shows
UTFDataFormatException (see FaCT++.png). As a result, Protege
shows "DIG Reasoner Error" (see Protege.png).

Is including non-ascii characters for class name not allowed ?
In other words, doesn't http://example.com/test#NONASCIIUTF8STRING
works well ? I always use UTF-8 encoding (it's default in Protege)
and Protege generates correct UTF-8 encoded XML document in
myontology.owl . Moreover [Code]->[Show DIG Code] seems to show
correct UTF-8 encoded XML document except font, that is, I can
read these white boxed characters (see ShowDIGCode.png) when I
copy and paste to notepad.exe.

Could anyone tell me what is wrong with my operation ?

I apology for attaching three pictures in advance.
They have increased the size of this message.

Takashi SASAKI
email: [hidden email]
email: [hidden email]

-- Type: image/png
-- Size: 5k (5535 bytes)

-- Type: image/png
-- Size: 5k (5227 bytes)

-- Type: image/png
-- Size: 7k (7664 bytes)

-- Type: image/png
-- Size: 8k (8491 bytes)

Re: FaCT++ UTFDataFormatException

Tania Tudorache

Please post OWL related questions on the OWL discussion list.

Thanks,
Tania

Takashi SASAKI wrote:

>Hi, all.
>I have a trouble with IRI vocabularies
>when reasoning with FaCT++ .
>
>I use FaCT++ 1.1.3 as a reasoner.
>http://owl.man.ac.uk/factplusplus/
>What I use is prebuilt binary for Windows.
>
>When I use the pizza ontology as an example,
>everything seems to work well.
>http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/ReasonerAPIExamples.html
>http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza/pizza_20041007.owl
>
>But when I use non-ascii characters (Japanese)
>for class names (see NonAscii.png), FaCT++ console shows
>UTFDataFormatException (see FaCT++.png). As a result, Protege
>shows "DIG Reasoner Error" (see Protege.png).
>
>Is including non-ascii characters for class name not allowed ?
>In other words, doesn't http://example.com/test#NONASCIIUTF8STRING
>works well ? I always use UTF-8 encoding (it's default in Protege)
>and Protege generates correct UTF-8 encoded XML document in
>myontology.owl . Moreover [Code]->[Show DIG Code] seems to show
>correct UTF-8 encoded XML document except font, that is, I can
>read these white boxed characters (see ShowDIGCode.png) when I
>copy and paste to notepad.exe.
>
>Could anyone tell me what is wrong with my operation ?
>
>I apology for attaching three pictures in advance.
>They have increased the size of this message.
>
>Takashi SASAKI
>email: [hidden email]
>email: [hidden email]
>

>-- Attached file removed by Ecartis and put at URL below --
>-- Type: image/png
>-- Size: 5k (5535 bytes)
>

>-- Attached file removed by Ecartis and put at URL below --
>-- Type: image/png
>-- Size: 5k (5227 bytes)
>

>-- Attached file removed by Ecartis and put at URL below --
>-- Type: image/png
>-- Size: 7k (7664 bytes)
>

>-- Attached file removed by Ecartis and put at URL below --
>-- Type: image/png
>-- Size: 8k (8491 bytes)

Sorry, it was my mistake. (Re: FaCT++ UTFDataFormatException)

SASAKI Takashi

Sorry, it was my mistake.
I posted the message to wrong list.
Please forget my first post in May 17.