Feature request - reverting to file on disk

Feature request - reverting to file on disk

Alan Ruttenberg-2
I am writing scripts to generate ontologies. As part of the debug
loop I am constantly closing and reopening them in protege. It would
be helpful to have a menu item that offer to read the ontology back
in, and even nicer to do something like checking whether an ontology
files on disk have changed when protege becomes active and offering
to reload them.

-Alan

Re: Feature request - reverting to file on disk

David Osumi-Sutherland
On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 11:48 -0400, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> I am writing scripts to generate ontologies. As part of the debug
> loop I am constantly closing and reopening them in protege. It would
> be helpful to have a menu item that offer to read the ontology back
> in, and even nicer to do something like checking whether an ontology
> files on disk have changed when protege becomes active and offering
> to reload them.

This would also be very useful to me, as I'm editing ontologies in
obo-edit but often use P4 with FACT++ to run reasoner based tests on the
ontology as I edit.

Cheers,

David

> -Alan

Re: Feature request - reverting to file on disk

Nick Drummond
Good idea.

Added to the list.

Nick