Find next occurrence

Sinclair, Michael

Hello,

Is there a way to find the next occurrence of an entity when using the Edit -> Find command if the entity is located in multiple places?

Thanks.

Re: Find next occurrence

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Is this Protege Desktop or WebProtege?
Have you tried the "Usage" view? That would be my best advice.

Csongor

On 1/31/19 7:26 AM, Sinclair, Michael wrote:

Is there a way to find the next occurrence of an entity when using the Edit -> Find command if the entity is located in multiple places?

Re: Find next occurrence

Sinclair, Michael

Protégé Desktop

The Usage view is awkward and it’s not showing inferred axioms either.  How do I get it to show inferred axioms?

If a class is in multiple places in a tree, when I use Find and click on the display name (or label), it takes me to one of those places only.  I just want to be able to click to the next place in the tree where it is.

Thanks.

From: protege-user <[hidden email]> on behalf of Csongor Nyulas <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 6:52 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [protege-user] Find next occurrence

CAUTION: This message originated from a non UMB, UMSOM, FPI, or UMMS email system. Whether the sender is known or not known, hover over any links before clicking and use caution opening attachments.

Is this Protege Desktop or WebProtege?
Have you tried the "Usage" view? That would be my best advice.

Csongor

On 1/31/19 7:26 AM, Sinclair, Michael wrote:

Is there a way to find the next occurrence of an entity when using the Edit -> Find command if the entity is located in multiple places?

Re: Find next occurrence

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
It may not be the most convenient option, but if you would use the DL Query view, you could write the name of the class in the Query box (you can even use CTRL+SPACE for auto-complete after typing a few characters) and click on the "Execute" button. If the have the reasoner started you should see all the superclasses (assuming you have the "Superclasses" and/or "Direct superclasses" checkbox selected), both asserted and inferred, in the query results. Clicking on any of the superclasses would navigate you directly there.

Csongor