Foaf depiction

javed khan
Can we add foaf:depiction in Protege? For example, I want to add some jpeg images for some of my instances and then, of course, will query it.

Re: Foaf depiction

Rafael Gonçalves
Yes, you can. In the annotation property hierarchy, add a new property called “foaf:depiction", and in its value enter the URL of the image [screenshot 1]. Once you press Ok, you’ll get a preview of that image [screenshot 2].

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rafael

On Oct 24, 2016, at 15:04, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can we add foaf:depiction in Protege? For example, I want to add some jpeg images for some of my instances and then, of course, will query it.

Re: Foaf depiction

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
I would like to make only one note to Rafael's excellent answer:
Since, as per specification [1], the value of the foaf:depiction is an Image (or more precisely a reference to an Image) the most appropriate way to specify the value of a foaf:depiction annotation would be by using the "IRI Editor" tab (the third tab on the right hand side of [screenshot 1]). This would make the value of the annotation an IRI (and a URL is an IRI), not a (string?) literal that contains a URL.

Csongor

[1] http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_depiction

On 10/24/2016 03:11 PM, Rafael Gonçalves wrote:
Yes, you can. In the annotation property hierarchy, add a new property called “foaf:depiction", and in its value enter the URL of the image [screenshot 1]. Once you press Ok, you’ll get a preview of that image [screenshot 2].

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rafael

On Oct 24, 2016, at 15:04, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can we add foaf:depiction in Protege? For example, I want to add some jpeg images for some of my instances and then, of course, will query it.

Re: Foaf depiction

Dan Brickley-2
On 25 October 2016 at 10:41, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
How can I add the property foaf:depiction? If we want to add it, it must be a sub property of already existing annotations like :rdfs:label, rdf:comment?

FWIW, from the FOAF perspective, we don't consider the 'depiction' property to be an annotation in the OWL sense. But if you need to pretend that it is to make this work, then go for it :)

Dan